time nears:team formation

~night before~

Hitomi was in Ichiraku just finishing a 3rd bowl of spicy miso ramen with Naruto.

"Mm I see why you like this place but I'm surprised you never had spicy ramen it's the best in the shop," she said facing Naruto who was about to eat his fifth bowl.

"I could never go wrong with miso ramen it's the best!" He said before continuing to chow down.

"Well if you insist on it I won't judge" she replied before getting up and giving a thumbs up to Teuchi "thanks for the food I'll definitely be back," she said before walking off.

"None needed your always welcome to come back!" He exclaimed waving goodbye.

____________________

Hitomi went home opened the door and walked in all the lights were off before she could turn it on a kunai was thrown at her face she smacked it away with little effort but she heard a sizzling sound and thinking fast she cut off the burning paper before it blew up before ducking and catching a punch She locked eyes with her assailant seeing the golden slitted eyes of her father.

"The disabling of the paper bomb was a bit sloppy but I'll let it slide this time you've been doing a lot while I was gone I hear you even trained with some of the brats," Orochimaru said not sounding disappointed.

"I'm still stronger than all of them Sasuke is the only one that gives me surprises," Hitomi said though by the unimpressed look on her father's face he saw through the lie easily.

"There's no need to be dishonest Hitomi I'm half disappointed that you got attached but it's to be expected all that matters is that you put your feelings aside when the time comes," He said, seriously before taking out a scroll unraveling it and in a puff of smoke a sword appeared in its sheath.

"This is for you to have for your Shinobi career going forward though you shouldn't get too excited once you graduate genin do get less than desirable missions at first," he said before handing it over to her.

Holding the weapon it felt light but she wasn't going to question it her father wouldn't give her anything useless she pulled out the blade and could immediately feel like it was right for her.

Orochimaru smiled, "feels good right I was going to give you my other Kusanagi but I wanted to pick something that would be your own thing ".

" I appreciate it especially since you risked coming here to give it to me " Hitomi replied, happily.

Orochimaru put a hand on her shoulder before hugging her," I'm sorry I can't be as loving as a father should I'm far too ambitious for my own good".

"I wouldn't exist if you weren't " Hitomi replied.

He broke the hug turning towards the door "your a little too mature for your age sometimes your definitely mine goodbye Hitomi" he said before body flickering away.

~graduation day ~

Today was an exciting day at the academy as students eagerly rushed in wearing their headbands but what was boosting the happiness of yesterday's graduation was finally being assigned a Sensei that would teach them. One of them was Naruto who confidently walked through the academy doors to his homeroom.

"What are you doing here loser? You know this is for people who actually graduated" Kiba said mockingly.

"I did pass yesterday don't you see the headband" Naruto replied pointing to his headband.

"Tsk Iruka must've given you it out of pity" Kiba retorted.

" Come on Kiba you should have more faith you know he wouldn't be here without any effort" Hinata chined.