XX

ACT 20 | THE BATTLE HAS BEGUN

_________________________________

Kaotsu didn't know what to exactly imagine the license exam to look like.

But he certainly did not expect the man in front of him to whine about the lack of sleep he got.

The raven-haired blinked a few times before turning his head toward Mydoria who had the exact same reaction as him.

"So about the content of this license thing...basically 1540 examinees compete in a free exercise or whatever we're calling it this year" the ash-blond man sighed, barely being able to hold his head up.

"Wait how come the number is so low?" He muttered to himself with a frown.

"Are you being for real?"

Kaotsu turned his head to meet a brown girl's gaze. Her hair was brown with here and there a few streaks of platinum blond in it.

Not to mention the fact...that she was wearing a Shiketsu hat.

"What do you mean?"

"Since the arrest of the hero killer, Stain, many have backed out on becoming a hero...damn cowards," she answered in a cool tone, scoffing the last part.

For some reason, the girl reminded him a lot of Bakugo.

"Those of you who don't have the speed frankly won't make it which is...what you'll be tested on."

The raven's head immediately snapped back toward the man in pure, utter shock.

"The first 100 students to fulfill the requirements will pass today."

"Out of 1500 people?" Yaoyurozu looked at the rest of class 1A confused.

"They said the acceptance rate was about 50 percent...sounds more like one percent now" Jirou, who stood next to her said.

It was almost unnoticeable to the eye but Jirou was nervous. Hassanemi almost hadn't caught onto it.

"But anyways the rules. The examine will put three of these targets on their body, it can be anywhere as long as it's an exposed area. You also get six balls, the targets turn red when they get touched by a ball. When all three of them light up you're out."

"Oh...and the person who lights up your 3rd target gets credit for your defeat. You gotta take down at least two people, got it?"

As he heard the words, Kaotsu held a hand through his hair, trying to process all the information he had just gotten.

He needed to do this...no he was going to do this.

And succeed,flawlessly.

If he didn't, then everything wouldve been for nothing.

All the hard work,day in day out would have no meaning if he didn't pass this test.

Today decides everything.