Chapter 14

Photoshoot.

Arlo dropped me off at home in my own car, he insisted that would he would be fine taking the train back to his penthouse

Arlo dropped me off at home in my own car, he insisted that would he would be fine taking the train back to his penthouse. He wanted me to be safe since it was nearly about to be midnight. Of course I objected, feeling bad that he'd have to go home so late and on the train alone but he insisted.

I crept up into bed as I finished preparing myself for the night. I turn the lamp off on my nightstand and I pull the soft white covers up to my chest. Every passing moment with Arlo goes by so fast that when I come to the conclusion that i'm alone again a wave of emptiness washes over me. I never really had a good support system of friends, family, or lovers before so this was all so new to me.. Arlo was the first thing I had to anything remotely close to a friend? I have no idea what we were, but he saved me from the emptiness I hated to face every waking day and every restless night.

Who knew a random encounter with a stranger in a greenhouse could flip your life so quickly. And in no time, life would change even more after my photoshoot tomorrow. It'll first time I'll be putting myself out there, the first time i'm going to be making myself known. After so long of hiding myself in the shadows i'm finally going to push myself past my limits.

Last night I dreamt of an angel dancing with a star.

...

I wore some baggy jeans and a cropped sweater today, they were clothing items I could easily remove to get into any SaintWear clothing for the shoot today. I shut the door to my car and clench my purse tightly in my grasp as I walk up to the company's doors. I inhale multiple times preparing myself mentally.

As I walk in I immediately spot Angela in the lobby, I walk up to her and as she acknowledges me, a smile forms on her lips. "Hey! Big day," She says standing up with excitement and I nod my head also slightly excited, "Are you nervous?" She asks me with a faint expression of concern.

"Of course this is all still new to me, but I think i'll be fine. Your brother is good at reassurance." I smile softly, remembering what he said last night about how he wishes I'd look at myself the same way I look at the moon. One of many comforting words he's said to me. Angela grins in agreement at my statement.

"He gets it from our mom." She says fondly while thinking of both her loved-ones, her eyes turning soft. She then rounds the desk and stands in front of me, "Come on," She waves me over and I breathe in my last deep breath of nervousness, as it dawns on me that It all was starting. We walk down the hallway and I feel the flutters of nervousness in my stomach as we pass by each door. It's really happening.

Angela leads me inside the photoshoot room and everyone's already in there waiting, the camera crew is setting up their equipment and wardrobe is bringing in the clothing racks and items. There was a sitting area and all the models where chatting as they waited. Minji and Noor spotted me coming in and they immediately jump up from their spots on the couches and dash over to me.