Chapter 31

The Wedding (part 1)

We finally arrived to our hotel, the one my sister and her fiancé had chosen for themselves and all the guests; All expenses paid

We finally arrived to our hotel, the one my sister and her fiancé had chosen for themselves and all the guests; All expenses paid. Thankfully.

The plane ride was nice, Arlo and I spent majority of it just talking about life in general. We paid no attention to the destination but instead we paid all attention to each other. It helped calmed my nerves to not think about the wedding but that was soon over once we landed in LAX.

Once we got to the front desk of the hotel we realized my sister had booked me small standard room for just one person because she probably believed i'd be at this event alone. Or wouldn't be at the event at all and the room wouldn't do much to their bank accounts. Arlo and I exchanged looks, knowing that this whole event would be chaos once everyone realizes not only that I genuinely came but I'm not here alone.

Arlo took the liberty of exchanging the room to a suite for us. The lady at the front desk was very happy to change the rooms for us and even discount it because she's been giving Arlo fluttering eyes since we've stepped foot into this lobby. She seems like an older woman, one in her forties.

She's probably one of those women who think younger men will go for her just because she doesn't have a single wrinkle in sight and knows more about life. I roll my eyes when she tells Arlo we're all set, passing him the keycard but not before brushing her hand against his very indiscreetly.

"Enjoy the room." She tells him, adding a wink as she smiles at him. Taking her bright red lip under her teeth as she bites it, fixing her brunette wand-curled hair. Arlo gazes down at me, his eyes suddenly filled with an excited glow. He smiles as he turns back to the lady,"We will." He mimics her by winking back, initiating more in his response that makes the lady give me a grimace with disappointment.

As Arlo guides me to the room by holding my waist, I make sure to wink at her. The eye-roll she returns only causes me satisfaction.

We make it into our hotel room. The room was bigger than I expected it to be. I was so amused at the beautiful decor and scenery. The room even had its own balcony with a nice shimmering pool to accompany it.

Arlo took both of our luggages and moved them aside for us to sort through later.

I make my way towards the couch, collapsing on top of it from exhaustion. The flight was hours long due to california and New york's distance. It would've been easier if my sister just had her wedding somewhere in New York but she insisted on california and my parents were with her on that idea.

I lay on the couch, closing my eyes for a minute as I feel the sun shining in from the big glass pane windows, warming me up. Suddenly I groan with force as I feel Arlo's heavy body flop on top of mine. As I open my eyes I spot him cuddling up to my body, hugging my torso as he nuzzles his head on my stomach.