Chapter 28

Disappearance

This chapter contains fighting

Arlo

I spent the rest of my birthday hanging out with my friends as well as Valentine, Minji, and Noor. My mom left early with Angela but I still was very appreciative that they came to my birthday party. My mother kept telling me how much she liked Valentine, It honestly made me so happy to know that my mom approves of a woman like Val.

I sat on the couch beside Rylee and Khalil as Val and her friends were now dancing together on the dance floor. As soon as the girls left I took note of how both my friends where giving me "sly" side-eyes.

"What?" I groan. Why couldn't they ever just get to the point and stop the damn anticipation. I look at both of them before Rylee cracks a smirk. "She's the one, huh?" He questions and I raise an eyebrow slowly.

He shoves my arm playfully which causes us all to laugh,"Don't play dumb, we all saw how you greeted her. Shit, it looked like you just fucking saw heaven on earth when she arrived." He comments teasingly, brushing a quick hand through his hair as he speaks.

He isn't wrong.

"And because who doesn't notice the literal birthday boy disappearing from his own party to spend time alone with his mystery woman?" Khalil asks rhetorically, making eye contact with Rylee as they both shake their heads with big ass annoying grins on their faces.

"Okay you're both right, happy now?" I ask and they both nod their heads which causes me to roll my eyes. with annoyance. "Anyways," I start off but quickly loosing track of my words when I spot a redhead approaching Valentine. I forgot invited Aaron. I know she asked me to be nice but today is my birthday so I get a one free pass, only this one. I disappear into the crowd of people before my friends start talking again.

I slide in to be right beside Valentine just in time. Aaron notices us together and walks towards the bar to get a drink instead. I breathe out a breath of fucking relief which causes Val to turn to gaze up at me from the suddenness. "Hi." I say with a smile on my face, she looks at me with confusion for a minute before she softly smiles back, "Hi."

"That was not sly Arlo, you're such a cockblocker." Minji says as shes laughing behind Val, I give her a death stare. She raises her arms up in defense before she rolls her eyes at me with sass. Noor giggles beside her.

...

The remainder of the night went by nicely. I had occurring hesitations with hosting a birthday party for myself but now I don't regret it.