Chapter 34

After Disaster

This chapter contains mature themes

Arlo

As we get to the hotel room both Val and I begin to undress immediately, taking off the clothes that are simply a reminder of the hectic day we've had at the wedding.

I throw the tuxedo jacket off and it lands on the couch.

I walk over towards the huge hotel bed and collapse on it. My arms fall back and fold under my head for support.

Once I lay still I can feel the stinging sensation burning on my knuckles. I hadn't noticed them before because of the adrenaline rushing throughout my veins.

I suck in a quick breath at the pain which causes Val to look over at me as she kicks off her heels, returning back to her normal short height.

"What's wrong?" She asks, walking over. She hops on the bed and sits beside me with her legs folded to the side of her, I sit up and bring my knuckles to our view.

Both my hands are bruised and busted and the redness makes Val gasp. Her eyebrows fall in concern as she grabs my hands with her small ones, she rubs the sides of my fingers in attempt to comfort me without trying to hurt me.

"Shit, I told you he wasn't worth it.." She murmurs as she gets off the bed and heads towards the closets of the room, looking for a Med-kit of some sort. A smirk breaks out across my lips remembering how I left him.

"This isn't nothing compared to his condition baby, You'd think i'd walk out of there and let him do all of that bullshitting?" I ask as she returns to my side with a small first aid-kit. She's sitting on her knees now as she digs into the kit to look for some ointment and gauze for my bruises.

"I wasn't expecting anything less than that but I underestimated your strength, for sure." She answers. She grabs my hand and brings it in closer towards her eyes as she begins putting on the ointment on each of my knuckles.

I gaze at her, watching her utter concentration. Her beautiful brown eyes narrowed as she's trying her best to take care of me.

I smile, I can't help myself every time I remember that we're finally together. She looks up at me when she feels my stare after she wraps up both my hands. She tilts her head to the side as she gives me a small smile that just about melts my heart.

I reach over and grab her waist as I pull her on top of me. I hold her waist firmly with one hand as I reach over with my other hand to pile pillows up behind me on the bed so I can sit up with her. She straddles me as her legs squeeze both sides of my torso.