Chapter Fourteen: Bedfellows

With the unified efforts of three Gladiators of Gallifrey, the Louisianan townsfolk were saved from the threat of Cthulhu, albeit at the loss of their world. Now refugees from their place and time in the multiverse, much of them slept in the three conjoined TARDISes that skated along the infinite dimensional corridor, along with the companions of the three Gladiators.

 Now refugees from their place and time in the multiverse, much of them slept in the three conjoined TARDISes that skated along the infinite dimensional corridor, along with the companions of the three Gladiators

Maureen stood alone in the console room of her portion of the TARDIS, adorned in her old Hogwarts school uniform. "You still wear that silly thing, even when you aren't really a student," a judgmental voice criticized her. She turned to see Draco Malfoy entering the room.

Despite his snooty demeanor, he was in quite the state of shock from the previous events that had transpired. "How're you holding up?" Maureen asked him.

"Like you care," Draco scoffed.

"I do, kiddo. Whether you choose to believe it or not."

Seeing that her concern was genuine, Draco dropped the "tough guy" act and opened up to her. "I thought I was finally back home...but that turned out to be a lie...and now the only home I had is gone." He then regressed back into that typical Malfoy crustiness and hissed, "I'm sure it makes you happy to see me so pitiful and useless for once."

"On the contrary...I don't enjoy seeing you like this, Draco. You've suffered enough pain and loss."

Draco appreciated her kindness, more than she knew. It helped him to open up a little more to her. "I cannot believe my mother and father allied themselves with Voldemort."

"A decision they're probably regretting now, after he left them to die," Maureen chastised.

"We owe our lives to you and your friends," Draco humbly admitted. "Those two other versions of you – Si and Alicia – were only willing to save us for my sake. What I don't understand is why you care so much for me, after all that I've done?"

"I hold no ill-will towards you because of your actions or your family name. Don't get me wrong, you are a huge pain in the arse... but even Dumbledore saw a good man in you, and so do I."

Hearing Dumbledore's name from her mouth, Draco lamented, "Hogwarts...I would love to go back there, especially after the truth about my parents...but we can't, can we?"

Maureen hesitated to tell him something that she wanted to, ever since they bumped into each other at the party. Before she had the chance, Billy Batson rushed into the console room and alerted, "Samuel can't sleep."

Draco smirked. "That makes two of us."

Following on Billy's alert, Maureen briefly rested a comforting hand on Draco's shoulder and urged him along her way out, "Try to get some rest, kiddo." Draco could only acknowledge her recommendation with a nod. After Maureen and Batson departed from the console room, he sat alone on the console platform, mulling over the conflict within him.