Chapter Ten: The Interrogation of Bubba Joe

"So...it's Doctor who exactly?" Joyce brought herself to ask as she, Hopp, Jonathan, Nancy, and Steve followed the Doctor through the woods. The night atmosphere was almost unbearable – humid, flies buzzing everywhere, and dark. The light of the full moon, in addition to the Doctor's sonic screwdriver device, allowed them to see the path ahead.

"Yeah, I was wonderin' the same thing," Jim followed up on Joyce's inquiry. "Where exactly are you from, Doc?"

"And how do you know Si?" Steve inquired, holding back his jealousy.

"Oh, there are many ways that I know her," the Doctor answered Steve, singling out Joyce and Jim's questions. "Once I met her when I had white hair and she was a towering, muscular middle-aged woman...then we met again when I had floppy black hair and she was a young Asian woman...and again after that when I had poofy white hair and she was a young Englishwoman...and yet again when I had curly hair and a long scarf and he was—"

"Alright, we get the picture," Hopper stopped him, visibly exasperated. "You 'Time Lords' are people with many faces. But I believe what Harrington asked was what Si is to you?"

"A friend," the Doctor said after a brief pause. "One of my greatest, in fact."

The conversation ended once the group came to the third Type-Z TARDIS, situated in a clearing, its shiny marbled structure glistening in the moonlight. The Doctor bypassed the bio-lock again and permitted himself and his group to enter a console room that Jim, Joyce, Jonathan, Nancy, and Steve found to be vastly different from the one they had seen in Si's TARDIS. It was less roomy with only a few chairs around the console platform to sit in. There was also a large viewscreen across from the platform.

            At the time they arrived, they noticed a teenage boy in a red hoodie standing in the middle of the room and holding Si's pet Mogwai, Gizmo

At the time they arrived, they noticed a teenage boy in a red hoodie standing in the middle of the room and holding Si's pet Mogwai, Gizmo. "Who are you guys?" he asked the Doctor and his group. "And how did you get into Maureen's TARDIS?"

"Maureen..." the Doctor pondered on the name for a while, mentally sorting through his convoluted collection of memories. "So that's the version of Neas who owns this TARDIS." He then added with a hopeful smirk, "It seems the odds of success have increased in our favor."

Suddenly, the door to Maureen's TARDIS shut behind them. One of the levers on the console flipped entirely on its own, activating the dematerialization process. The ship transported them to another location in a mere second before the door opened again and allowed a scantily-dressed brunette to enter with Ben Tennyson, Newt Scamander, and a little potbellied, bushy-haired African American boy. Ben, Newt, and the brunette worked together in carrying the unconscious, rotund body of a mustachioed Caucasian man in overalls and a bowler hat into the TARDIS.

The brunette saw all of the new faces standing in the TARDIS and exclaimed in furious bewilderment (accompanied with an English accent), "Where the bloody hell did you lot come from?!"