Ties of fate

TW:  Confrontation, self harm (aka, some shit is boutta go down- I don't like this part so I don't expect you to)

...he looked around and whined, Lucifer immediately awoke and looked to mammon, Lucifer sighed and looked into mammons eyes, they were such a beautiful blue, he decided that mammon wasn't the same... not as a dog, this whole situation would be better if mammon were a demon still. Lucifer picked mammon up and carefully navigated his way to a cabinet, he shuffled through it and pulled out a wad of money with a rubber band holding it in place. He walked back over to mammon and said, "here, let's just say you owe me." Mammon pounced on his chest and wagged his tail.

[TO THE WITCH]

Lucifer held mammon under his arm, and walked into a damp, familiar alleyway, someone in black robes appeared, and spoke softly, "is this what is owed?" Mammon flattened his ears and bared his teeth, Lucifer sighed, "yes, this should be all of it." They watched as the witch counted the money and after a moment, she said, "very well, I shall do what I promised," there was a poof of white smoke, "oh, you may want to fetch him a blanket." She giggled and disappeared into thin air, leaving a black mist behind her. The fog evaporated and mammon was normal again, but since he hadn't been wearing anything as a dog, he was naked, under the cold moonlight, Lucifer took his coat off and placed it on him. But, something was off, since when did mammon have so many scars on his legs, and stomach? Since mammon was unconscious, Lucifer decided to ask him about it later.

[HOUSE OF LAMENTATION]

"Where am I, What happened?" Mammon asked, his voice sounding softer than usual,
"Mammon, do you remember anything up to this point?" Lucifer asked
"Remember? I think I was going to pay someone... I dunno, my memory is fuzzy."
"That's... all you remember?" Lucifer was beginning to sound harsh
"Yes, why- why are ya asking?" His voice was trembling as Lucifer looked over him, Lucifer sighed and began to put his hand closer to mammons face, but, he flinched and Lucifer had a look of horror on his face, did he torment his little brother too much?

Lucifer stroked his hair, it was soft, almost like you were touching cloud, it never tangled, or went out of place. "Mammon, what are those scars on you from?"
"Wh- what scars? I don't have any scars." Lucifer grabbed his wrist and looked mammon in the eyes, "what. Is. This. From?" Mammon felt scared underneath his gaze, "uhm, it's from... a cat!"
"A cat?" He asked, "cats don't continuously scratch you in the same spots with horizontal lines. It looks to me like it's from a.. blade of some sort."
"A blade? It's from a cat ok?"
"Where did you find this cat? Or what does it look like?"
"What are ya talking about?! Stop asking me questions!" He began to speak louder
"Mammon, I'll ask you one again. What. Are. These. From?" Lucifer was sterner this time,
"I told ya! It's from a cat."
"Then tell me what it looked like and where you saw it."
"Uhm, it was brown? And I saw it at the... uhh.. bakery!" At this point Lucifer knew what it was from, but he didn't want to believe it. But, mammon was making him believe that it was from that cause. "Mammon, where is it from? If you don't tell me..."
"I told ya! It's from a cat!" Lucifer lifted his shirt and said, "you expect me to believe that this, your arms, and your legs are from a cat?"
"yes, why... why don't ya believe me?" That was all mammon said, his voice was small and breaking, his eyes holding tears back, Lucifer looked into his soft eyes, and mammon had an emotionless look on his face, almost as if he had been trying desperately to hide his pain, but behind his eyes, there was just a kid trying to cry. Lucifer hugged his brother, his beloved baby brother. Why hadn't he noticed his pain?

Mammon and Lucifer had fallen asleep on each other, mammons eyes were red having been crying, and Lucifer's hair was a mess. Mammon was the first to wake up, he thought that being a dog would have set him back, but it set him free- free from torment, free from pain, and free from the fear he had toward his brothers. But... this wasn't the ending he wanted. He never wanted anyone to see his suffering, he only wanted to be treated decently, to be able to have food with his brothers without them losing the smile on their faces when he came downstairs. Why did Lucifer need to see him?

aaaaannnnndddd that is the end, Ngl I hate this part, I wish I made it more lighthearted and realistic, but nvm what's done is done, anyway- how longs it been? 3 months? I've been a bit busy sorry it's so late, hope you have a nice [timezone]