Prologue

It was a warm sunny afternoon in a town known as Smallville. The sunlight shone onto the crisp green leaves of trees. The birds chirped as they flew around the area. And in the small cottage near the barn, there lived a young raven colored hair boy, a sturdy blonde haired young man and a darker blonde pregnant young woman. Everything was normal as the boy returned from school. The family was about to have dinner when suddenly, the pregnant mother wet the seat, meaning her water's broken.

The pregnant woman soon felt a sharp pain. "Johnathon, honey! My water's broken!"

"Already," Johnathon asked, he then glanced at the boy. "Clark, we're going to the hospital!"

The boy named Clark nodded before he rushed to the phone and picked it up. He dialed 911. He waited until the call was answered. "Hi, can we have an ambulence? My Ma's in big pain after she wet herself."

Moments later, the three arrived in the hospital. Johnathon and his wife were in the midwife room while Clark was waiting in the visitor's room. The young boy was sitting on his seat and he was informed by his father to never use his ability to see through walls. But he doesn't know that since he was a baby, he was transported from his home planet known as Krypton where he will be out of harms way from his birth home planet's destruction, let alone his birth parents death. Since he was raised in Smallville of the planet Earth, he has abilities of flight, strength, speed and invulnerablity. Not to mention his other abilities, such as x-ray vision and so forth. Clark wasn't sure why he's different from others since infant, but until he'll learn the truth, his past remain unknown.

Clark waited for a few hours until he soon heard the doors opened. Turning his head around, he saw his father Johnathon at the doorway with a smile. "Pa? What's going on?"

"Clark, come inside," Johnathon offered. "There's a new member with your Ma."

The young boy was puzzled, but decided to oblige. He followed his father down through the passageway before entering the midwife room where his mother named Martha was in. She was sitting upwards in the bed. To Clark's curiosity, he noticed something wrapped in a pastel yellow cloth. Johnathon gestured the boy to climb onto the bed. Clark did as he was told. As he climbed onto the bed, sitting next to Martha, his expression changed with astonish. It was a newborn baby, nuzzling near Martha's chest.

"Clark, meet your own baby sister, Emily Kent," Martha introduced.

The young boy leaned forward carefully to get a closer look at his newborn sister. Extended his right hand out, he placed it gently onto the infant Emily's left cheek.

"She's so little," Clark softly spoke. "She's out from your belly, Ma?"

Martha giggled. "That's right, dear. Your baby sister's here in my arms."

Clark noticed Emily's expression. Slowly, Emily opened her eye lids. A pair of navy blue eyes glistened.

"Ma, her eyes opened," Clark notified. "And she's looking at me."

"It would seem so, sweetie," Martha agreed. "Would you like to hold your sister?"

"O-Okay," Clark stuttered.

Martha passed the wrapped baby to Clark. The young boy gently held Emily in his arms while carefully place her on his legs. He glanced at his new sister. She glanced up at him. Clark wanted to do something to interact with her. He stuck his tongue out at Emily. In response, Emily stuck her tongue out. Clark felt his heart melted from Emily's first cute interaction. Martha and Johnathon both smiled as they witnessed the meeting of two siblings.

As the years go by, Clark was spending time with Emily. He even encouraged her to lie on her arms and legs. Then crawling. Then standing up. Then walking. Even Emily's first word was Clark. Since then, Emily and Clark became the best of friends, despite the fights.

As a young girl, Emily helped Clark, Martha and Johnathon with the barn in Smallville. She even watched Clark attending school since he was years older than her. She accidentally discovered his identity as Superboy few days after her first attendance at school. She even comfort Clark's first broken heart as the young girl named Lana Lang chose to be with someone named Peter Olsen after they left high school ways in life. Emily even reunited Clark with his dog, a White Labrador named Krypto. Later, Clark moved to Metropolis to start his dream job as the journalist in Daily Planet, supported by Emily who grew up as a teenager. Krypto even joined Clark for company as well.

Emily soon finished her high school years with her old friends. But she realized how much she missed her older brother, her best friend. Luckily to stay in touch, Clark sent her letters about his time in Metropolis. Even his unexpected friendly rivalry with his co worker named Lois Lane. He even wrote her of how he met his new friends who were also superheroes. Batman, a caped crusader who lost his parents in youth and became the crime fighter of Gotham City. Wonder Woman, an Amazonian Princess from the lands of Themyscira and a well known warrior hero. Flash, the fastest super hero who after getting shocked by the power of electricity. Cyborg, a young man who's also part machine and was in disbelief of what his scientist father did to save his life. Aquaman, part human, part Antlantean who became a warrior and understood the ocean creatures, doing his part as a super hero. And Green Lantern, Jessica Cruz, a green empowered super hero who had retrieved the Power Ring of Willpower. Together with Clark, now known as Superman, they formed alliance called the Justice League.

Inspired, Emily wanted to become a super hero herself. Of course, she didn't have any super powers or highly advanced technology to become one. So the only option is get a job involving helping those in need. The only thing she thought of and would be cool enough was to be... a police officer. She soon applied the form to the police academy and been accepted. Packing her things, Emily kissed her parents goodbye and left Smallville.

In the police academy, Emily's first days were not as easy as expected with failures. Of course, she doesn't give up on her dream. She soon went through the training process and the obstacle courses. It was even tough for her, but it was worth it in the end. Afterwards, she graduated. Martha and Johnathon congratulated their daughter for passing to be a police officer. And she knew just the place to start her job at the bottom. In Metropolis.

After her graduation, Emily packed all of her stuff from the house. She along with her parents were ended up in the train station.

"Oh, look how much you've grown, Emily," Martha commented. "It feels like yesterday when you were just a baby. And look at you, moving to Metropolis as a proud police woman."

Emily giggled. "Ma, I don't start my job as a police officer on first day. I'm starting at the first portion, a deputy."

"Even so, we're glad you got yourself a job in Metropolis like your brother did, dear," Johnathon spoke. "Be sure to write us. Or call us. Don't get into more trouble. And make sure you walk elderly ladies to cross the roads."

"Pa, Pa," Emily exclaimed, pausing her father's words. "I'll be fine. Even if I can't be with my brother all the time, I can still hang out with my future colleagues over in Metropolis. So, don't worry about it too much."

The announcer soon appeared from the speaker. "Few minutes until departing to Metropolis."

"Gotta go," Emily declared before hugging Martha and Johnathon. "I love you guys so much."

Martha and Johnathon returned the hug before they departed themselves from their daughter. With that, Emily climbed on board of the train. She went inside of the train cart before getting a seat. The train exited the station and start its way over to Metropolis. Emily glanced over through the window and at the sky. She smiled for she is sure that her new life in Metropolis will be difficult but she'll fit right in.

This is the story of Emily Kent, sister of Superman.