Chapter 2

Before long, a police chief entered the room where his cops and Emily are. The cops minus Emily were hooting as they adored their chief. He went over to the podium. "Alright, alright. At ease. I got three items to discuss today. First item; we need to acknowledge one woman in the room."

The Chief looked over at a tough cop woman. "Phoebe? Happy birthday."

The cops celebrated the tough cop woman's birthday as she gave one of them a playful noogie. Emily found it somehow aggressive, but begun to get used to the idea.

"Our second item, we had a new officer," the Chief announced. "Everyone, meet Emily Kent."

"Hey, Chief Wilson," the first random officer exclaimed. "You missed the newbie's first roast on Gus. It was awesome."

"Ah, wonder what that was," Chief Wilson stated. "Moving on. Our final item; no big case happening so far, thanks to Superman along with Justice League. But we need to be on patrol until there will be a bigger case."

Chief Wilson brought out the red assignment form folders. "And now, your assignments. Officers Starr and Fey, your patrol is through the street near the Metropolis National Museum. Officers Edgeworth and Madrigal, your patrol is around the Daily Planet journalism district. Officers Thompson, Patel and Skye, you're patrolling around the national bank. And last but not least, Officer Stone. Your assignment is looking after Deputy Kent with her parking duty."

One by one, the officers went into groups as they accept the folders from Chief Wilson. All that's left was Atticus who was displeased by his assignment.

"Chief Wilson, you can't do this to me," Atticus complained. "Why do you demoted me to a babysitter to the deputy?"

"Well, you had a huffy fit before Kent even got here," Chief Wilson responded. "So unless you can that attitude of yours and get assigned somewhere else, this is where you'll be stuck with her. And Kent? Don't let his words upset you, understand?"

Emily nodded. "Yes, sir."

"Good," Chief Wilson spoke. "Now, be on your best behavior, Stone. Dismissed."

Atticus huffed with displeasure. He stormed out from the room, leaving Emily with a concern expression on her face.

"Don't worry about your supervisor, Kent," Chief Wilson requested. "He'll warm up to you. Somehow."

Emily gulped, put on a brave face. "I'd better catch up with him to start my assignment, sir."

Moments later, Emily was now wearing a red jacket around her police uniform. She then made her way to see Atticus leaning on the parking patrol buggy.

Atticus glanced at Emily before spat to the ground. "Come on, one hundred tickets aren't gonna tap themselves, Short Stack."

Emily walked over to the buggy and placed her bag down in the boot. She then climbed inside. "You can come inside, too."

"Nah, this wagon's slow and there's no room for two," Atticus responded. "So why worry about me?"

Emily turned on the ignition of the buggy. "Well, I don't want to you make your foot sore. But if you insist, let's get my first day over with."

"Whatever."

And so, Emily and Atticus begun their day. The two wandered aimlessly around the streets, until the first parking meter soon bleeped and shown that the parking time has expired. Emily climbed out from the buggy. She dialed on her little ticket maker gadget before pulling out the ticket after it was printed. She then placed the ticket onto the wiper of the car. Emily glanced up to see if Atticus was impressed, but he wasn't. Emily sighed and let it slide. Vehicle after vehicle, Emily gave it the same ticket for the driver's expired timing from the parking meter. In the end, she made one hundred tickets before the clock struck midday. Emily didn't get the praise from Atticus who's watching her.