Chapter 6

Minutes later, Emily, Atticus and Percy were in the abandoned warehouse where no one else could hear their conversations.

"So let me get this straight, you're actually an Interpol agent," Atticus asked.

Percy nodded. "I'm afraid so, Atticus. I'm sorry."

"How long have you been as an Interpol," Emily questioned.

"After my grandmother passed away when I was eighteen, I was looking for a job to give me a home," Percy replied. "Until one day, an Interpol agent spotted me. He told me my grandmother was an Interpol once. So I had no choice but to become one."

Atticus continued staring at Percy, his eyes were widen with utter surprise. "I had no idea."

"Me neither," Emily agreed. "I mean Interpol agents are like more secretive police than us regular's. But what were you doing, parking your black car near Atticus's?"

"I was assigned on the same case you're assigned," Percy responded. "The kidnapping of the Justice League. Along with my comrade who formed an alliance with me."

Atticus was confused. "Comrade?"

"Formed an alliance with," Emily asked, adding the question.

"A certain Fraulein you knew, Emily," Percy responded.

All of the sudden, Lucinda soon appeared and walked up near Percy. "Hey, Emily."

Emily was shocked. "Lucinda? What are you doing here?"

"I formed an alliance not too long ago with Agent Gavin," Lucinda responded.

"Hold on, you're telling that you're also an Interpol," Emily questioned.

Lucinda nodded. "Yeah. My father wanted me to run the business was a lie. I was taken in by Percy's grandmother when I was little girl. On the same day, I also became an Interpol agent."

Emily went up to Lucinda and whispered. "But does Agent Gavin knew about... you know. Your secret identity?"

Lucinda nodded. "Percy discovered my identity along with her Gram-Gram. Both of them kept it a secret. Atticus knew it, too."

"Now then, Emily, Officer Stone," Percy asked. "You said you were investigating the same case?"

Emily pulled herself away from Lucinda then glanced at Percy. Emily then brought out a little notebook from her purse. "We got the lead to this case, Agent Gavin. We visited Mr Luthor and told him that the kidnappers were actually robots. He stated the blueprints for the Justice League robot duplicates have disappeared on the same day one of his best inventors quit his job at Lex Corp."

"One of Heir Luthor's best inventors left, you say," Percy asked. "That does mean they must have stolen the blueprints. And wants to kidnap the Justice League."

Emily nodded. "Yes, that means this mastermind had a grudge bigger than Mr. Luthor's personally."

"Bigger than Mr. Luthor's," Lucinda asked. "That also means it's more personal."

Atticus brought out a Green Kryptonite blow dart in the small evidence bag. "And whoever's behind this crime is also used a blow dart to prevent Superdog from saving the Justice League. Meaning he's taking this seriously and planned one step ahead."

"Perhaps we're dealing with the real mastermind of this crime," Percy concluded. "We need to investigate this further to find more clues."

"I have an idea," Emily exclaimed. "Let's investigate the crime scene; The Hall of Justice."

Lucinda smiled with glee. "Good thinking. I'm sure there'll be evidence left behind in the Hall of Justice."

"It's in the middle of the Metropolitan lakes," Atticus notified. "Let's get going, everyone."