Chapter 8

Meanwhile in Lex Corp, Lex Luthor was enjoying a cup of an espresso. He was thinking of what he could do since Superman was gone for good, but realizing it's started to get lonely by the sort. The silence was filling in the air... until.

There was a smash from the window behind his chair. Lex turned himself and the chair around only for him to see the Superman's disfigured face from Injustice peeking through the shattered hole of the window. Lex was in shock. He then soon saw Cory Price, his former scientist employee arrived inside of his office.

"Cory Price," Lex asked. "What is this?"

"This is Injustice," Cory introduced. "My greatest creation and the sender to your demise, Luthor. This is for not sending my sister's last words to me before she died! Injustice, annihilate him!"

Before Injustice could reach in to grasp, its hand was suddenly been hit by the missile from Cyborg. It didn't feel pain. Injustice turned around to see the Justice League, their robotic clones and their allies. Cory flew over to see with his hoverboard.

"How did all of you escape," Cory exclaimed with fury. He soon noticed the fully recovered Superdog. "Should have put the Kryptonite in the cheese. No matter, you all are too late! I'm going to have my revenge!"

"Cory, stop," Emily shouted, begging. "This isn't right!"

"And why not," Cory asked, sneering. "It's Lex's fault for not letting me to see my sister one more time!"

Emily shook her head. "Well, Lex is good at being a jerk! But getting revenge on him isn't going to bring your sister back!"

"Like you know what it's like to lose the only family you had," Cory argued, drifting down towards the deputy. "You don't know what it's like."

"No, but my brother does," Emily countered. That sentence caused Superman to gasp in shock. "My brother nearly lost me when I was little. I was in a coma, but my brother was overwhelmed that he could have lose me an instant from that accident back in Smallville. Feeling bad, he was distant away from me. That's why he didn't spend time with me more than I remembered."

Cory was dumbfounded that Emily's brother was struggling with fear of losing her. The vengeance craved professor shook his head. "What different does it make? You're still here and my sister isn't! And unlike your brother, I can still avenge her by ridding of this horrid excuse of a man!"

"No you can't," Emily argued. "It still won't get your sister back! How are you not getting this?!"

"It's only because you don't know anything about my sister," Cory shouted.

"Yes I do," Emily countered.

"How do you know that," Cory questioned.

Emily clenched her fists. "Because she broke up with me before she died!"

Everyone around her including Cory was surprised from what Emily responded. They never expected this twist.

"You dated her," Cory asked.

Emily nodded, sighing in grief. "Yes, I did. We used to be an item until she came down with the heart condition. With her last breath on her final day, she dumped me so I won't feel sorrow. I don't even I should either feel sad for being dumped or grief from loss. Before then, she and I dreamed of being police officers. A power couple. My goal wasn't the same without her now. But I had to become one so I can tell you in person that Mary's no longer with us. I'm sorry."

Knowing that, Cory realized he met his late sister's ex girlfriend. He never imagined she would date anyone, let alone another girl.

"Cory, if Mary is here right now and see you like this, she'll realize what you have become," Emily lectured. "She would hate you for that. Is this what she wanted from you?"