Chapter 7

Once the four gathered together, Percy and Atticus parked their cars near the pathway where there were no double yellow stripes. Once that's done, Percy, Atticus, Lucinda and Emily exited the cars and made their way over to the front door of Professor Price's house.

Atticus knocked on the door. "M.P.D, open up."

All of the sudden, there was a trapdoor opened below the visitors's feet. Once opened, Emily, Lucinda, Percy and Atticus fell inside before it closed itself.

Minutes later, they suddenly ended up in the basement. They were locked up in a cage.

"Imagine it happened to the milkman and such," Emily commented.

Just then, something caught Lucinda's glimpse of sight. She made Percy, Atticus and Emily see the same thing. They all saw the Justice League... in containment tanks. The heroes were slumbering.

"Superman," Emily shouted. "Superman!"

"He can't hear you," the male voice enacted. The four turned to see the chair spun itself around and found the shaggy short haired man with bags under his eyes. "He's in the hibernating containment units."

"Cory Price, I presume," Atticus asked.

"So, you four figured who was behind the kidnapping, right," Cory scoffed.

Atticus nodded. "That's the part of being a good police officer, isn't it? Sadly, there aren't any good officers these days."

"What do you mean the hibernating containment units," Lucinda questioned. "What did you do to them?"

"Oh, don't worry," Cory replied, a smirk shown on his face. "I have placed him into hibernation along with the rest of the Justice League. They'll be in there until I want them out. Which is... never."

Emily was worried, but she deserved to know. "Why do you kidnap the Justice League? Why did you hate them?"

Cory stood up, walking over to the light with a beaded pulley. Pulling the pulley, he switched on the light, revealing the unexpected. A shrine. A little pedestal that possess a photo of a young girl with darker blonde hair.

"This is a picture of my late sister, Mary," Cory introduced, picking up the framed photo. "She means so much to me back in our younger days. Of course, she was the only family I had. Our parents died in a car accident when she was three and I was eight. We were in the orphanage until I was kicked out when I turned eighteen. I did all I good to work for Mr Luthor as one of his trusted scientist. With that, I thought I could get my sister out from that orphanage. Back together again. Everything was going well, until... that one day."

"Care to share of what happened that day," Lucinda asked curiously. Even Emily was concerned yet curious simultaneously.

Cory was clenching his grasp tightly on the framed photo. "It was the Justice League's first day of them working together as a team. They sent a super villain to jail, yes. But they failed to do one fatal task. A task is to stop the hospital falling into its demise with my sister in it! I knew it because I somehow found her name on the stone plague of those who died there."

Cory placed the framed photo of his late sister back onto the desk. In fury, he walked up towards the cage of his captured intruders. "My sister means everything to me! The only family I had. And thanks to those naive heroes, she was taken away from me. All I could think about was to avenge her. Somehow, someway."

Emily begun to imagine if Clark didn't save me on time from her accident years ago, thinking he would fell into the realm of insanity through loss. Cory took steps back from the cage before he went over to the filing drawer. He opened it, pulling out the scroll. He opened the scroll of a robotic clone of Superman.