Chapter 5

The next morning, Emily got out of bed as she felt more energetic from last night. She got herself ready, had a quick breakfast. Once that's done, she exited her apartment. She locked the front door and turned to check if Clark was there, but he wasn't. She then waited for him to come out. When nothing happened after five minutes, she'd figure he was having a sleep in because of the celebration from the Hall of Justice. She also noticed Krypto wasn't at inside barking. She'd also figure he's getting pet sat by Lois. With those assumptions in her head, Emily decided to leave them be and exited the apartment building.

Once she arrived at M.P.D, there was a commotion in the precinct. Emily's flooded with curiosity. She saw Chief Wilson. She went over to him.

"What's going on, Chief Wilson," Emily asked.

"I guess you didn't know," the chief responded. "We're getting reports that Justice League has been... kidnapped by a group of unknown civilians."

Emily was shocked. "But how?"

"We don't know. All we know is this case is a mystery that my cops were too scared to take it. They said it'll be impossible to find the lead of any kind relating to the case. That and it could be dangerous because who knows what that group could be."

Emily glanced away, reached into her own mind. Thinking of what path will be if no one will take the case. No one... except.

She glanced back at her chief. "Sir? If I may, I'll take the case of who stole the Justice League."

This caused Chief Wilson and the rest of the cops to gasp in shock.

"You can't be serious," Chief Wilson spoke. "You're a deputy of our precinct."

"And you're a chief who lounge around, makes the officers do all of the work and shows most of the appreciation," Emily countered. "What I'm saying is if I can't take this case, who else will? No one, that's who."

Chief Wilson sighed in defeat. "Alright. But bring Officer Stone with you. He said he stopped drinking since he met someone at the bar."

All of the sudden, Atticus appeared as he entered with a shaved jaw. He went over to Emily and Chief Wilson. "So that's what the ruckus is all about. Well, Chief. Give us the file to the case. Me and Short Stack will take it from here."

Emily was surprised to see Atticus with a clean shaved chin from his whiskers yesterday. "Dude, you shaved?"

Later, Emily and Atticus was in the staffing room with the case file of the Justice League kidnapping.

"According to this, it said that the Justice League has been taken away by unknown entities," Atticus clarified.

"That's what the Chief said," Emily replied, she noticed the shine of the J-Bot Super in the photo. "Hey wait, one of the kidnappers had the shine. Like they're made of metal."

Atticus took a closer glance at the photo and noticed the metal shine that was reflected by the moon light as well. "Hey, you're right. Well spotted. So inclusion, their kidnappers where in fact robots. But who sent those robots and why?"

Since robots were came to mind, Emily begun to ponder until an idea occurred. "Maybe Lex Luthor can help us with that. He's a millionaire and had most of scientists who works for him, after all."

"Hmm, he can be our lead to this case. Let's head over to Lex Corp."

Minutes later, the two got into Atticus's car and drove their way to Lex Corp, a well-known Metropolitan company owned by a bald-headed, yet handsome, millionaire genius and an evil villain to Superman named Lex Luthor. Once parked, Emily and Atticus exited the car. They entered the building. They went over to the receptionist of the main lobby.