6

Dear husband,

Happy birthday! Funny it is right, that a wife has to wish her husband a happy birthday through a piece of paper. But this is how distant our relationship is turning to Sidharth. From spending the special moments and memories in each other's arms to writing this letter to wish you in your birthday, we have come a really long way. The only difference is that, I don't see us holding hands and covering this journey together anymore. There's me at one side of the road, walking all along while you are there, up ahead, running to chase your dreams! Never realising what you are missing out amidst this. What we are missing out amidst this.

Anyways, let it be. You know I wanted to call you last night and surprise you, but surprisingly got a surprise that your phone is switched off! You never kept your phone switched off in your birthday Sidharth. You know I do not have a grudge with you for being away from me on your birthday, but why couldn't I even reach you Sidharth? Not even on phone! Are you really ghosting me my dear husband?

It hurts Sidharth. When you watch your life getting shattered in bits and pieces, it really hurts. Last night, when I heard that your phone was switched off, I had felt a hot knife being stabbed to my heart repeatedly.

I used to be the first one to wish you on your birthday since we collided Sidharth. I always did. Things are changing this year Sidharth, too much to raise an alarm. But you just don't seem to get bothered with anything? In quest of power and money and position, we are missing out on life my dear husband. I hope you realise this soon before it is too late to do anything about it.

Huh, sorry. I am transcending to become this lamenting wife who always complains hai na Sidharth. Trust me I don't want to. I want to be the understanding one. I want to be that perfect wife to you. I really do with all my heart and soul.

Yet, I feel this thick lump at the base of my throat that just wouldn't disappear. It just seems to grow bigger in size each passing day.

Anyways..let it be.. Sidharth, I have a gift for you, you know. A very special gift. I... I.. I don't know how to share this with you. Even after 6 years of marriage, I'm feeling to shy to reveal this to you. I'm a stupid fool ain't I? I know I'm. You are my husband and I'm your wife. We are married and you will only be elated with this gift won't you?

Sidharth I'm pregnant. Yes, you are going to be a father my dear husband. Well, don't ask me how this happened. I know we have been using protection all these while. But I hope you know that condoms are not 100% safe. I guess this is a miracle, a sign from Waheguru that it's time we need to start a family.

I know we haven't discussed on this much. But.... You will like the surprise won't you Sidharth? It's just a part of me and you. A part of us! You have to be in love with our baby. Of course you will be. What a stupidity again to have doubts on you. How will you not be elated with this news. I'm an idiot you know, like you always say.

Chalo chodo, let me give you a short brief on how things turned up. I was feeling a little odd from a past few days. You remember me telling you before you left for hongkong? You asked me to visit a doctor, but I thought it's just a stomach bug so had a few over the counter medicines to fix the issue. Things were right the first few days but I again started to get queasy again.

You might be wondering why didn't I tell you? because you had these important meetings lined up and I in quest of being that perfect wife didn't wish to ruin your sorted mind! Don't get annoyed at me ok, my dear husband. I'm fine now. I visited the doctor yesterday and was confirmed of the pregnancy.

I'm two and a half months pregnant Sidharth! 10 weeks! Surprising isn't it? I was amazed as well. I was still having my periods right! But nothing to worry dear husband, the doctor says it happens at times. Something to do with placental implantation and development. I didn't understand too much of it though but let's just zero down to everything being normal. We can visit the doctor again once you are back together and understand everything in minute details . You know how I detested science as a subject in school! Ha ha ha .

Anyways, narrowing down to the main point, the baby is healthy and I just need to take care of myself a bit more and things will be fine. Next week, he will conduct a sonogram on me to check on his heartbeats. Out baby's heartbeat Sidharth! Gosh, I can't tell you how excited and thrilled I'm.

But also, a lot sceptical and scared. I'll be a good mother to our baby, hai na Sidharth! Maine apne khud k parents ko kabhi dekha nahi hai so I have zero knowledge of how parenting works. I'm scared. I'm worried. I really need you beside me right now Sidharth.

When are you coming back? Living without you is turning out to be a lot tougher with each passing time . I thought I will get used to it, but I'm not Sidharth. I miss you. I miss you like crazy. Please come back soon.

And yes, Happy birthday once again!

Yours and only yours
Shehnaaz

***

Hello guys. Hope you will like the chapter. Not getting enough comments sweeties. I need more comment to pump myself up..😅😅

Chalo until next chapter and notifications turning me deaf with comments, see you soon,

Till then,
Ciao,
With love,
Sanu