Chapter 1

Bold and italics - kurama
Kit wake up. Kit. Kit. Kit. Kit. Kit. Kurama kept repeating that until Naruto woke up from his light slumber.
What do you want? I barely slept! I slept for like what? 30 minutes! Naruto complaint to Kurama as he rolled out of bed.
Hehe. Sorry. But today's the day you know who your teammates are!
Great! I am sooooo excited. Naruto thought to Kurama sarcastically as he donned his overly obnoxious orange suit.
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Why do I have to wear this obnoxious colour and why do I have to act dumb. Whyyyyy???????
Because otherwise people would think you're a threat. All the more reason to get rid of you.
Rightttt. I totally did not know that.
Naruto left his run-down apartment and head for the academy avoiding as many villagers as possible.
"What are you doing here? I thought you didn't pass?!" Kiba asked as soon as he spotted Naruto walking into class. "Oi! Don't you see this?!" Naruto exclaimed as he pointed to his headband. "Alright class. Settle down. Now, for your teams. They're according to your scores. Team 1..." Iruka droned on but Naruto blocked him out and only listened when he heard his name. "Team 7, Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno," at this Naruto cheered as he had to keep up with his act. "Sasuke Uchiha." Then Naruto sulked but secretly he was happy that it was Sasuke because he was quiet.
***********
"Where is that sensei?!" Naruto screamed in frustration as he paced back and forth. "Just sit down dobe." Sasuke said as he shifted into a more comfortable position on the hard mahogany bench. "Yeah, dobe, shut up as well." Sakura said as she slid closer to Sasuke.
Copy ninja Kakashi huh. I can sense him, he's coming.
I know. I can sense him too. Naruto turned to the for to see to shadow and then the door slid open and a sliver haired man poked his head in and a few shuriken flew his way. Kakashi's eyes widen but dodged just in time. Is this year's genin gonna kill me? Kakashi thought as he looked into the class room to see a smirking Uchiha, a grinning Haruno and... Where's the third member?! He spotted Naruto in the back starring back at him emotionless. He looks like he's deep in thought. Did kyuubi take over his body? Kakashi took a step forward and Naruto pretended to snore and his head dropped before he snap awake. "Oh my god. I fell asleep did I miss anything?!" He exclaimed loudly as he pretended to wipe his mouth to see if there is any drool. They all sweat dropped. Who falls asleep with their eyes open?
"My first impression of you guys.... You guys are idiots. meet me at the roof in 5." Kakashi said as he vanished. Sakura and Sasuke grumbled as they stood up to get to the roof in time.
"Great. You guys are here on time..." Kakashi trailed off as he did a head count. "Where's that blond kid?"
"I am right here." A lazy voice said from above them. They all looked up to see Naruto sitting on a tree branch, with one of his legs swinging lazily. Naruto tipped to the side and they panicked but Naruto twisted in mid air and landed gracefully on his feet. You should not have done that kit! They might get suspicious!
Nah. They wouldn't. Naruto thought to Kurama as he took a sit beside Sasuke. Naruto hid a wince from sitting down too hard which cause his injuries to flare up in pain. If you're wondering what happened, it was yesterday when he was walking home after getting attacked by Misuki after he told Naruto to steal the forbidden scroll. The villagers saw Naruto and got him cornered into an alley. They used anything they can get their hands on and beat Naruto up. Of course, Naruto didn't defend. Why? Because sandaime set a rule saying that Naruto must not attack a villager even in self-defence. Shinobi or non-shinobi. Kurama of course treated as many wounds as he possibly can but some Naruto had to stitch them up himself because Kurama ran out of chakra.
They all introduced themselves and was told about the test they're going to have soon before the sliver haired man disappeared after a warning, "Do not eat or you'll puke."