Chapter 28

"YATTAAAAA!" Naruto's team screamed as they burst out from the tower. "We made sensei proud~! We made sensei proud~!" The team sang, dancing a happy dance with almost all the other teams glaring. They flinched when a few kunais flew towards team Naruto's direction but the team just danced away to avoid the kunais. They stopped, already armed and ready to fight, taking on a formation. The ground felt lighter suddenly so the team jumped up as a hand shot out from the ground, trying to grab at their feet. The teams watched curiously and in slight fear for their own safety as well. A blond haired man shot out, landing gracefully on his feet, a scroll in hand. The now chuunins tensed as they eyed the scroll. They have to protect themselves and their surrounding people. This is their test, their test to become officially recognised as chuunins by their sensei.
Naruto pulled open the scroll and out came flying a black blur. Akara jumped forward, his short sword already in hand as he blocked the rather large shuriken. Katsu then ran up, timing it perfectly so he can grab hold of the large shuriken and he twisted to throw the weapon as hard as he could back at their sensei. The shuriken embedded itself into Naruto's abdomen which freaked everyone out. The blond haired boy even coughed out blood and fell onto his knees. Hakura scanned her surroundings, something doesn't feel right. She jumped forward to stop her teammates from running to their sensei's aid and she pulled them back, just as the hunched over boy exploded which sent them flying a little back into the crowd that has gathered to watch. "An exploding clone." Katsu tsked at himself for not noticing it early. They could have been killed if it was for Hakura and for the fact that this was just a training exercise and Naruto doesn't have the heart to be so ruthless as to killing them off. Rough training? Yes but he always made sure they were safe and sound.
They felt the air shift slightly and Akara twisted to block the katana coming down at them. Akara gritted his teeth as he pushed back harder, struggling with his sensei's strength. Naruto's free hand stuck out and another sword appeared, descending towards Akara's opening side. He had left himself defenceless whilst trying to hold Naruto back! Katsu was beside him almost immediately, a kunai in hand and blocking the sword. Naruto's eyes flickered to the side as he sensed a movement. Hakura had taken the opportunity that Naruto was fully occupied as she charged up, chakra gathering in her fist. A shadow clone popped up beside Naruto, attention on Hakura. He twisted as he simultaneously grab hold of her wrist and twisted her into submission. "Give up or your friend dies." Naruto's clone said, holding a kunai to her neck. The two male teammates smirked which confused almost everyone. They disappeared in a puff of smoke right in front of their eyes. A small smirk appeared on Naruto's lips as the clone beside him popped, a sword driven through its body and a kunai held to his neck.
"Surrender or die." Katsu said, his slightly deep and monotonous voice was sort of soothing yet deadly. Naruto didn't let the smirk disappear as he raised his hands, everyone thought they were going to gesture a surrender but the slim hands grab hold of the hand with the kunai and plunged the kunai into his own neck. "I'd rather die." Naruto wheezed before crumpling. Everyone froze. What just happened? Oh my god! Did they just watch someone commit suicide? Naruto's team was panicking, their mind switching off and they have forgotten that this was a training test.
"What are you guys all doing?" A smooth voice cutting through the tense air. The team perked up, they recognise that voice! "Naruto-sensei!" The team exclaimed, pouncing on their sensei. The teen toppled over with the sudden weight and momentum. "Why are you guys trying to flatten me?!" Naruto asked, struggling to get air.
"That's for killing yourself in front of us!"
"Expect the unexpected! I told you that!" Naruto said, flickering from underneath them to standing over them which caused Akara and Katsu to crash to the ground painfully. "Itai!!! That hurts, Sensei!!"
Naruto smirked as he tossed a scroll on top of them and walked away, the crowd parting for him to go through. The team opened the scroll cautiously, and carefully unsealed what was in it. Chuunin vest. The team grinned from ear to ear. Their sensei just acknowledged them as chuunins.