Chapter 14

(( flashback ))
Little Hanabi was wondering around the village aimlessly. Her sister, Hinata, had fallen asleep and wouldn't be able to play with her. Her sister had begun training really hard since that day a small blond boy had protected her from a group of bullies and then gave her a small talk about nindos. Since then, Hinata had made her first true friend and set her determination. To fulfil her role as the Hyuuga heiress and to be the strongest so she in turn would have the confidence and strength to protect her crush. All the adults had told them all to stay away from him but the two hyuuga princesses didn't think that the small blond would bite! Hell, the both of them thought he was absolutely the cutest! He would grow up to be damn fine.
The two had tried to visit him but whenever they saw him, it was always when he was being beaten up by the villagers and the two timid and powerless hyuugas could only cower in fear or run off.
We are such cowards! Hanabi tsked at herself. She was only six but she understood a lot for a child her age. She had already started her byakugan training a while ago. Just you wait, you idiots! I'll make you all pay for hurting Naruto-kun! Hanabi thought, her resolve hardening. She wasn't paying attention to her surroundings until she bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry." Hanabi gasped, as she bowed her head apologising. She was about to move away to get as far away as possible but she was blocked. "Ma ma ma, little girl. You can't just leave like that." A drunk voice said and with that Hanabi was shoved into an alley. A dirty smelly hand clamped over her mouth to stop her from screaming.
Hanabi frightened, her heart was lodged in her throat and the hand clamping over her small face stifled her sobs of fear. She was praying fervently for someone, anyone, to come and save her. Is this what Naruto-kun felt? When no one came to rescue him? Oh Kami! I'm so sorry! I know what I did wrong! I'm so sorry Naruto-kun! Hanabi thought as the man grinned at her and his friends came over in all in a drunken haze.
"Look it's a Hyuuga!" The man slurred.
"Great! Even better! Let's have some fun!" One of the drunk man said, a perverted glint in his eyes as he eyed Hanabi's small frame. Hanabi's eyes widened so much, it felt like it was gonna pop out of its sockets. She shook her head desperately as she tried to break free.
"LET HER GO!" A voice from the entrance of the alley yelled.
"It's the kyuubi brat! Ha! Why should we listen to you?! You're nothing but a killer!"
"Let her go!"
"Or what?" The man asked, grinning as he tore at Hanabi's clothing, efficiently tearing off a sleeve. Tears streamed down Hanabi's face as she was absolutely helpless, she was praying for Naruto to save her but she also didn't want Naruto to get injured.
Naruto walked towards them, head bowed and he dropped to the ground. "Please let her go." Naruto pleaded. "Take me." Naruto said finally. Hanabi's breath hitched. No! No! No! No! No! Don't! Naruto-kun what are you doing!! No! Don't! She thought as she struggled even harder to break free. The men grinned. "You guys can beat me up just let her go."
"You give us permission to beat you up? Ha! We don't need your permission! We deserve to beat you up!" With that they dropped Hanabi and focused all their attention on Naruto, the hyuuga princess forgotten.
"Run Hanabi." Naruto croaked out as he was pushed against the wall as a large meaty hand gripped his throat tightly. Something in his voice made her move. Something in his voice made her obey him. She couldn't thank him enough as her body began to instinctively start running. She ran as fast as her legs could carry and hid, waiting for them to finish so she can check on Naruto. That was all she could think about doing. She didn't know what to do. Stay strong! Stay strong! Naruto wouldn't want you to cry! Hanabi thought to herself until a thought struck her. She's a hyuuga, isn't she?! So! Byakugan! She screamed in her head, veins appeared near her eyes.
What she saw made her byakugan deactivate itself and made her start crying so hard she swear she should have fainted. Naruto was being cut up and being violated by the men and he wasn't even fighting back. He was doing it for her! To save her. She cried so hard at that thought.
Finally when it was almost close to two am. The men decided to leave to get some sleep as they have shinobi duties the next day. Hanabi ran towards Naruto who was already half dressed. He was so weak, so fragile, so tired. "Hey Hana-chan. Why are you still here?" He asked weakly, concerned. Hanabi felt the world collapsing on her. Why?! Why is he so selfless?! Why can't he be selfish for once and think about himself! Why must he be so kind?! He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment! She started crying and she launched herself at Naruto, making him flinch but he fought himself to not push the crying girl away.
Hanabi felt hatred rising. Hatred for this village's shinobi. They are such a disgrace, to call themselves shinobi of Konoha! She was seething, her blood was boiling with fury. Naruto ignored all the pain and ignored his needs as he limped and carried the seething yet crying girl back to her house and some how ended up in her room without anyone noticing them. Naruto could almost smile. Almost. At what pranking had paid off. The skills to evade even anbus, meaning Hyuugas wouldn't stand a chance, especially at night if they can't catch him in the morning, they wouldn't be able to at night.
Naruto somehow knew, he knew Hanabi wouldn't want anyone to see her like this. That's why he avoided people and carried her straight to her room. He had masked his chakra so well, it's hard to believe he would be considered dead last in his coming academy years.
Naruto was walking outside to go back to his rundown apartment when the weight of everything came crashing down. His body burned with excruciating pain and his heart was hammering against his chest. He remembered one of his attackers from a few nights ago, stabbing him with a knife suddenly. It must be poisoned. Was Naruto's last thought before the world tilted and he didn't even register hitting the ground as everything became dark.
When Hanabi had woken up the next day, she immediately zoomed out after an impatient breakfast. She must find Naruto and thank him. She was so scared of using her byakugan but a voice made her determined. She must be strong! She must learn to protect herself! "Never give up. Find someone you love to protect and you'll grow strong." Rang out in her head. Naruto. He had been the one that said that to the hyuuga princesses. She spotted the third hokage, after a few days of stalking on her part, she had found out that the third was actually really close to Naruto. So he must know where he is! Hanabi thought triumphantly. She followed, only to get confused as to why he was heading to the hospital and straight towards the Intensive Care Unit. There he was talking to a woman in her twenties with a fairly large bust and beautifully curvy body. Her eyes were a brown-ish honey colour and her light yellow hair reminded Hanabi of the Yamanakas and Naruto's, except Naruto's was extremely bright yellow, like a blob of sunshine. Yep! That's how everyone saw him. A cheerful blob of sunshine that was determined.
She had heard sandaime calling the woman, Tsunade. But at that moment Hanabi didn't care who she is! She just wants to know what's going on!
Then when she found out, she ran. As fast as her feet could carry and as fast as her stamina would allow. "Nee-chan!! Let's play!!" Hanabi screamed, getting an excuse for both of them to go outside. Hinata smiled and followed her sister outside. Once outside, Hanabi's happy demeanour dropped, making Hinata frown in concern. "What's wrong?"
"Naruto-kun is injured. He is hurt terribly. I saw sandaime talking about him in the Intensive Care Unit." She whispered and after a few seconds, Hinata grabbed her hand and they ran to the hospital, determined to prove that he wasn't in ICU. He can't be! He has to be alive!
They gasped when they got there. Naruto was hooked up to all sorts of monitors with a tube down his throat, he was panting like he can't get air into his lungs. He was so pale so fragile. It makes them want to start crying but they don't wanna cry in front of their hero. Even his hair, it laid limp on the pillow and was a lighter paler side of yellow. They had came by every day to watch over him. Until one day he had suddenly left because he was discharged but they knew, deep down inside. Naruto was still hurt.
(( flashback end ))