14.

Ashanti
For the longest everyone have not been letting me go into the living room and it's really irritating now.

"Why won't yall let me go into the living room," I asked both of my parents.

"It's what Pharaoh want."

"Again why?"

"Because he don't want you to see him how the way he is."

"Like what?"

"Sorry Shanti we can't say."

I rolled my eyes and walked away heading upstairs back to my room I closed my door and walked over to my bed and sat down. I sent Pharaoh a text and sat my phone down. There was a knock at my door and Sienna walked in.

"Are you okay?"

"No I want to see Pharaoh and everyone acting like I can't see him."

"It's not us Shanti it's him he don't want you to see him."

"Is it that bad?"

Sienna nodded.

"He'll come to you when he's ready."

"Whenever that'll be."

I picked up my phone and see that Pharaoh read my message.

"I'll be back."

"Where are you going?"

"For a drive I need to think."

I grabbed my slides, keys and purse along with my phone.

"Can you make sure no one calls or text my phone?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks."

We walked out of my room and downstairs I walked passed the living room heading towards the garage where my car sat. I unlocked the door and opened the garage door I closed the door that lead to the garage. I unlocked my car doors and got in I started up my car and put my seatbelt on. I went to Jhené Aiko playlist and backed out of the garage I closed the door and drove down the driveway.

I turned my location off so no one will try and drive to find me. I drove for about 2 hours before I ended up at a cliff looking over the city. I got out and sat on top of my hood I took a couple selfies then I just looked over the city.

Hours later
I pulled back up to the house and turned my location back on I pulled my car in the garage and got out I locked my car doors and walked back in the house. I was about to bypass the living room when I stopped by my mama.

"Shanti where did you go?"

"Went to clear my head."

"Are you okay?"

"Yep just wanted to be left alone."

"You turned your location off," my dad spoke.

"I know didn't want anyone to try and come find me I needed some time alone."

"Everything okay?"

"Yep."

"Okay something is wrong."

"Nope I'm good call me when dinner is ready."

And with that I walked off heading towards my room everyone acting so strange including Pharaoh and he's my boyfriend. Did I do something wrong?

Pharaoh
I anxiously bounced my leg as I waited on Ashanti to come to her room I wanted to clean my face up before she see me I couldn't let her see me in the condition that I was in because she would freak out and start crying. Her room door opened and she walked in then stopped when she saw me sitting on her bed.

"What?"

"Can we talk?"

"Now you want to talk I've been calling and texting your phone all day and now you want to talk."

"Yeah."

Ashanti scoffed and rolled her eyes she closed the door.

"Well now I don't want to talk."

"So you don't wanna know what's going on why I showed up to y'all house unannounced with my bags."

"Nope."

"Look at me Ashanti."

She finally looked at me and he face softened.

"W-what happened."

"Have a seat."

Ashanti walked over to her bed and sat next to me.

"My mom tried to let her friends and some dude rape me."

"What?"

"Yeah and I wasn't going for that and she didn't like that so she had the dude fight me but little did she know that before my pops died he taught me how to fight and gave me his brass knuckles. Once I got dude off me she tried to attack me and I got her off me I ran to my room and just started packing as much stuff as I could. I hopped in my car and drove off and I called August and talked to him. I wasn't ignoring you baby you know I love hearing from you that bitch had my phone and hid it from me I had to find it before I left."

"I told everyone to not let you see me all bloody and bruised up because they know just like I know you was going to freak out and start crying and I can't stand to see you cry so I did that to protect you I know I still have bruises but I'm not bloodied."

"I'm so sorry that you went through that Ro."

"It's cool I didn't get raped which is good because I want to lose my virginity to you when we're ready there's no rush."

"So you're going to be staying with us?"

"Yeah I got the guest room downstairs."

"Okay."

"And I don't care how upset you are with me don't you ever turn your location off because something serious could've happened and no one would've know about it."

"Okay."

"Matter of fact Ima buy us air tags just in case."

Ashanti nodded.

"Can we watch a movie?"

"Oh no Grey's Anatomy," I asked.

"I thought you said it was lame and boring."

"That was during the first couple minutes of season 1 I'm invested now is Meredith going to end up with Dr. Sheppard wait don't tell me cause you done seen every episode and season."

"Sure did and I can watch it all over again."

There was a knock at Ashanti door and Aiden walked in.

"Mama said get ready we're going out to eat she don't want to cook well no one wants to cook."

"Alright did she say where we're going," Ashanti asked.

"Nope."

"Okay we're coming."

Ashanti looked at my shoes then she walked into her closet I got my Air Force Ones and put them on she came out with her Ones.

"You're matching me?"

"Yep."

"Wait is that my jacket."

"Yes and no you're not getting it back."

I laughed and grabbed her Audi keys she grabbed her purse and we walked out of her room and down the stairs.