15.

Jazmine
There was a knock at my office door and Ashanti walked in.

"Hey mama."

"Hey Shanti."

She walked further in and closed the door.

"Can we talk?"

"Of course what's up."

"How did you know that you was ready with daddy?"

"Ready for what?"

She took a deep breath.

"To have sex when did you know that you was ready to have sex with daddy. No Pharaoh isn't pressuring me I just want it to be perfect."

"From the moment me and your dad made it official he made me feel like a queen I didn't have to do much, we always went on dates no matter what, the energy was there and one day I just felt like I was ready everything was right between us and your daddy was patient with me he didn't rush me or pressure me into having sex."

She nodded.

"Did it hurt?"

"I'm not going to lie yeah it did but it didn't last long after the pain I was met with pure pleasure. Then after a few times of having sex I got pregnant with you."

"You and daddy didn't use condoms?"

"Nope but don't do what we did if you're not ready to have kids yet always wrap it up."

"Yes ma'am."

"Also you both should get tested before you have sex well you're not having sex but Pharaoh should get tested."

"He's a virgin."

"That's very rare at his age."

"Yeah it is."

"You'll know baby when that time comes you'll know."

"How did daddy propose?"

"You was a baby but it was at your Godmom Ciara and Goddad Russell wedding and for a minute I was lost until I saw him get down on one knee I was shaking and trying to hold back tears which eventually fell and I said yes. Everyone was in on it everyone knew and your Godmom kept that secret from me."

"Wow."

"I know crazy right."

"It is."

"Our wedding anniversary is coming up."

"Ooouu what y'all doing this year?"

"Vow renewal so all of the family is flying out."

"Where?"

"Cayman Islands."

"I gotta order me some bathing suits."

"I do too."

The door opened and August walked in.

"Babe I got the villas booked for the entire family."

"Alright."

"Have you decided on what you're going to wear?"

"Yes Cj is customizing it for me."

"Alright he's coming too right?"

"Yes."

"Alright cause I booked him and his family a villa as well."

"Okay."

"16 years of marriage."

I smiled.

"Yes indeed."

"Best day of my life besides watching our kids be born."

"Mine too."

"Speaking of how did my birth go?"

"There's a whole video of your birth."

"Really?"

"Yeah we recorded all of yall births."

"Can we watch mine?"

"Yeah."

Ashanti got up and walked out of the office I was about to follow her until August stopped me.

"How you feeling you good?"

"Yeah I'm good I gotta use the bathroom."

"Okay."

We walked out of my office I made my way towards the bathroom. I used it and as I was wiping I saw blood fear instantly struck me and I cracked the door open and called August name.

"What's wrong babe," he asked as he opened the door.

I'm back sitting on the toilet.

"I'm bleeding and it's a lot of blood."

"I'll go get you a pad and some more panties along with sweats okay."

"Okay."

August walked out closing the door behind him I grabbed my phone and sent a text to my OB telling her what was going on and that I'll be to the hospital soon.

August walked in he helped me change then we gathered the kids told them what was going on and for them to call one or both of their grandparents then we walked out of the house got in his Range Rover and drove off towards the hospital.

August
I sat in the waiting room as they worked on Jazmine my heart raced with every minute that passed on the clock. As soon we made it to the hospital Jazmine passed out they had rushed her to the back and has been working on her every since.

Dr. Brooks walked out and walked over to me.

"How's my wife Dr. Brooks?"

"She's fine and resting but August I have some bad news."

"What?"

"Jazmine had an ectopic pregnancy."

"What does that mean?"

"The egg implanted outside of her uterus and it ruptured which caused the bleeding and Jazmine almost lost her life."

"Isn't that something the hospital was supposed to check for when they did her ultrasound?"

"Yes it is."

I nodded they have a big ass law suit coming there way.

"Now ectopic pregnancies are more common with women her age and can be detected early during an ultrasound scans which the hospital forgot to look for."

"And I'm going after them for negligence because they didn't catch something that's life threatening to my wife."

Dr. Brooks nodded.

"Whenever you ready to see her you can and I can tell her the news too."

"I'll tell her thank you Dr. Brooks for doing everything that you can."

"You're welcome."

We shook hands then I made a call to my lawyer about suing Grady then I walked back to Jazmine room seeing her waking up.

"Hey baby."

"Hey baby."

"What happened?"

"Well you started bleeding a lot so I rushed you to the hospital and as soon as we got inside you passed out and they rushed you to the back where they have been working on you for the past hour."

"Is the babies okay?"

Now here's the hard part.

"You had an ectopic pregnancy baby that's where the egg implants outside of the uterus and it ended up rupturing which put you in a life or death situation. I called the lawyer already and he's getting the case set."

"You talked to Dr. Brooks."

"I did."

"Okay."

I walked over to Jazmine took my slides off and climbed in the bed with her and I held her as she broke down in tears.