five; when you think of me

"i missed you." ant sighed into tia's hair, wrapped around each other tightly the second they caught sight of each other at the school gate.

she hummed into his chest and enjoyed feeling safe with her best friend. they'd messaged a few times yesterday about the cops catching up to him, but he'd been at church and doing as his mum told him, thankful to get off with a warning.

"oh!" he pulled away a little to show her his arm, "wrist bands, the guy's got a show at dusty's to support women or... something about them."

she nodded and spider held one out to her, she reached out an arm and he slapped it on, gently as he could and she smiled, moving her arm around to look at it. they caught sight of dusty stopping by amerie who was kneeling on the ground with loose tampons surrounding her; which seemed out of the ordinary but this was a public school.

ant broke away from her and spider to go speak with malakai, so the pair walked up behind amerie and dusty, who was helping her clean her spilled bag up.

"what do i owe you for drinks?" she asked, looking up at him and trying to break the silence.

spider smiled and shook his head, "you're all good, don't worry."

"no!" she whined a little, bouncing beside him, "please, how much?"

he chuckled and shook his head again, "nothing, just come to the show, yeah?"

"of course." she nodded and bit down on her bottom lip, it was odd becoming comfortable with how nice he was being.

tia looked down to see the other pair finish cleaning up the contents of the bag, "cool shirt." dusty complimented amerie.

amerie, harper and tia had bought matching shirts at the festival, tia had cut hers up into a croptop that barely covered her chest. she'd partially avoided just destroying it all together and settled for something that made her feel good about herself.

but spider scoffed at dusty's compliment, "name one dz deathrays song."

"shut up, spider." the three of them chorused and he made a face and stepped away, tia followed.

she nudged his bicep with her head and smiled up at him with her chin against his arm. spider had to look away to slow his breathing as they caught up with ant and malakai and the boys greeted each other.

tia hugged malakai and stepped back to ant, "whachu think of the fit?" she asked ant and spun around with her arms out; she'd worn a short black skirt with fishnets underneath, and a pink stussy shirt with her docs and long socks.

"your whole bum is out." he frowned, trying to pull the skirt down for her,

"it is not!" she defended quickly, slapping his hands away.

malakai tilted his head, "i- uh, i like the shirt." he nodded, trying not to say anything that may have been offensive to... ant? or whoever as ant had slurred some halfhearted, incoherent warning about being tia's 'guard'? at the cemetery.

tia turned slowly to ant. "you had your talk with him?" she hissed,

"you know-" he started,

"just because we've deemed we're platonic doesn't mean you can keep stopping me from talking to other people. and you know i need to have the option to get laid, you cockblock!" she whispered loudly into his ear,

he scoffed and leant in to her whispering harshly back, "you know that i'm protective!"

"anthony he is harmless, he looks like i could beat him up and he'd thank me." she elbowed him, "he's pretty and i just want to be friends!"