fourteen; whispers

whispers by halsey

some of this shit's gonna be so cliche but i know y'all will eat it the fuck up <3

tia storming out of the class would have made more of a statement if the bell didn't ring a second after darren and quinni linked arms with her, also realising that she needed to go out the other door of the classroom.

she spun the other pair around and dragged them back to the class room, avoiding the look woodsy gave her as they walked back through quickly.

tia was able to catch malakai's attempted apology to amerie, that was thoughtfully ignored. as tia decided to make her way toward harper, she breifly let go of darren and quinni, she stood beside amerie when she spoke.

"hey," she spoke sharply, getting harper's attention, "you don't need to do that. if we're not friends, and our friendship was such dog shit to you, you definitely don't need to be standing up for me– or whatever you were trying to do by saying that to spider." tia said, "it was very funny." she stated seriously, "but whoever's dick i wet– that feels weird to say– doesn't matter, it's my business and clearly not yours." her eyes flicked to spider, who hadn't stopped staring at her since she'd walked up to them.

she felt herself begin to blush until elliot, who was leaning on the brick wall near dusty, burped loudly and crushed his empty can of fizzy.

dusty ignored tia and harper's small spat, which harper didn't seem too thrilled about. "i'm leaving mine to pick you guys up around five, is that all good still?" he asked.

she let out a small huff, turning her attention to him and nodding. "pick me up from the chicken shop, i'm having early dinner with ca$h." by dinner, she meant a few shared chippies on the curb outside of harry's, probably with special visits from darren as they were conveniently working at that time.

tia had been to the beach with the group a few times before, with just dusty, ant, and a few other people they weren't friends with anymore from a while ago.

now, it had become more of a tradition. she'd been invited by sasha, missy and the three boys the last two times but she'd had plans already.

they'd go to the beach, maybe get high, and share a goon bag. the first time they'd gone was the day dusty got his L's, it was very illegal and tia was pretty sure dusty's dad had ended up with a speeding fine because he didn't tell the cops it was his 16 year old son, unaccompanied by an adult, who had decided to push 110km in an 80 zone to show off to a girl he liked.

spencer's posture changed when he heard tia was coming with them, his head un-subtly perking up. every time they went he hoped she'd change her mind and accompany them, just like she had the first time they'd began the tradition.

his mouth opened to say something about looking forward to seeing her, but he realised the amount of people around, and elliot standing next to him.

he let out a scoff and pushed himself off the wall, trying not to look like he was following tia, as her and darren walked away. darren immediately sensed spider and rolled their eyes, whispering something to tia who covered her smile and walked a little slower while darren sped off toward amerie.

tia looked back at spider as an invitation for him to walk to her, his head shot up and he jogged to walk beside her. she looked down and grinned, shaking her head. she ran her knuckles anxiously over her collarbone as she tried not to keep thinking about the bullshit she'd just sat through.

"i'm sorry for not shutting up quicker, back in class." he sighed, glancing sideways at her, "i wasn't considering how unfairly different our 'lessons' were. ant got to do ten pushups and harper burnt a guy, i'm an idiot."