six; brutal

"ant, ant, ant! your fucking mum is here!" tia shrieked, turning and pushing him back in the hall so she could fix her appearance, "you should have fucking warned me!"

"she's here for a p&c meeting with woodsy, to discuss the map." he quickly filled in, looking over to check that she hadn't seen them yet.

"fuck! help me pull down my fucking skirt, oh my fucking god." she stressed and cringed as she had to quickly reach down, yanking it as far down as acceptably possible to clover the stick n pokes peeking out on her thighs.

"might wanna wash out your mouth before you go anywhere." ant scoffed and she gave him a glare.

becoming presentable for this woman in less than 30 seconds was a talent of tia's, the few last second times she'd done so, had been practically flawless. she pulled her hair out of the loop she'd tied it into and brushed it neatly back, wiping under her eyes and shaking her hands anxiously.

ant looked her over and nodded, "acceptable. wait no, you can't be touching me." he all but shoved her into spider as they properly caught sight of mrs vaughn and made their way toward her, knowing she'd want to greet them. "we're good, be cool."

she nodded quickly and linked her arm instinctively around spider's instead of ant's, keeping a decent distance from ant himself. spider let out a breath and walked with them, adjusting his bag on his shoulder and putting a hand on hers, that had grabbed his arm.

"hi, mum." ant greeted, letting her lean in and kiss his cheek,

"hello, da'ling." she gave him a tight smile. "oh! tia, da'ling, how are you?" she leant in and kissed tia's cheek with a smile. "i have the loveliest cashmere sweater for you in my wardrobe," she gasped again, "tell you what, come over later in the week and i'll teach how to make that casserole we were talking about over break. maybe we can share a cheeky glass, if you know what i mean." she spoke the last part quieted with a wink and squeezed tia's arm.

"that sound's great, thank you." tia grinned and tilted her head, the was always intimidated under mrs vaughn's stare. she was thankful to at least have spider with her.

mrs vaughn nodded and brushed her straight, neat hair over her shoulder, the was the poster-woman for upper-middle-class-religious rich aussie mum, "i expect you have nothing to do with this..." she swallowed distastefully, "'map' scandal?"

tia giggled and shook her head, "of course not." she lied quickly and perfectly.

"as i suspected." she nodded immediately, "i must say, i just love this pink on you, da'ling. and you two..." she looked between her and spider with a genuine smile, spider tried to not let his eyes widen. "you two look, just- oh, absolutely lovely together." she complimented the pair and ant looked down, trying not to snort.

he could and would certainly tease spider about this later.

tia's eyes widened and she took a deep breath, not sure what to say before spider removed his arm from her grasp, causing her to momentarily panic before he wrapped it around her shoulders with a respectful smile to mrs vaughn. neither of them denied, just nodded before mrs vaughn checked her watch and spoke to ant again.

"anthony, da'ling, i'll see you after school." she kissed his cheek again and brushed some hair off his face before walking to meet up with the rest of the p&c group.

they all stayed silent until she'd walked out of sight, then ant groaned and placed his head in his hands, "that fucking map."

"right, you need to get to class." tia snapped out of her mother-impressing daze, "we've got a free period, to study." she told spider who nodded,