twelve; seabird

seabird - alessi brothers

(bc they played it for aimee in sex education and i love her and it relates to tia <3)

i forgot to establish properly that chapter names are titles of songs usually relative to the chapters hehe

when ant and spider arrived, tia was on the floor of her room with the bottle of vanilla vodka next to her.

she'd only had a mouthful or two; she needed something to distract herself from the ache she felt in her chest. the ache was slowly being overcome by her tiredness, but she didn't want to sleep alone tonight.

so when the boys arrived she relaxed and her mind began to wind down.

ant sat down next to her and wrapped her in a hug.

she felt her eyes burn as she leant into him, guilty that she'd made them come here, even though she knew she would do the same for them in a heartbeat.

"thank you." tia whispered, trying not to let her voice shudder. she still felt anxious about crying in front of people despite how much she'd spoken through it, trying to overcome it.

"it's okay." he nodded, "how about we get into bed, and then you can tell me what happened, okay?" he proposed and tia agreed.

ant stood up and helped tia up too, she was facing spider and bit the inside of her cheek embarrassedly.

she especially didn't want him to see her like this.

he blinked softly down and her and watched her think. her eyes were rimmed with red, watery, and her cheeks were shiny with mostly dried tears. he struggled not to let his emotions get the better of him.

but she stepped forward and linked her arms around his middle slowly, hesitant, as if she was waiting for him to stop her. he didn't waste a second gently pulling her into him, one hand slowly rubbing her back and the other on the back of her head, fingers in her soft hair.

she nuzzled her nose into him and he closed his eyes, pushing his face into the crook of her neck and settling there. her breath shuddered a little as she sniffled, but she didn't pull away.

he felt so secure like this, holding tia, this perfect girl. but his heart broke due to the circumstances. he had heard tia crying through the phone when ant picked up. since then he'd been on edge, waiting to get to her, to comfort her however he could with ant.

he wanted to be able to protect her.

ant looked over to them a few times while he sorted out tia's bed, leaving them be. any time his best friend was upset, he felt the exact same way, eyes burning as he thought about her alone before he had arrived.

him and spencer had been silent on the drive over, a wordless agreement that all they needed was to make it to her as soon as they could. as soon as ant had hung up they'd got their shit together and zipped out of the house.

it was never good for her to be alone when she was this upset, so she didn't need to be. they were there now.

spencer and tia had sunk into each other by the time ant had made her bed. spencer's fingers moved slowly through her hair and her hands were clutching his shirt more gently now.

"i'm done, ti." ant said softly, shuffling around her pillows so she'd like them.

she smiled and nodded quietly, "thank you." she sighed as she let go of spider,

his hand moved out of her hair and she smiled at the way ant had moved the covers so that spider could sleep on the bed with them. the bed she'd bought for herself had more than enough space to probably fit four people in it if she needed.