Chapter 31 - Thanksgiving

I'm going to be honest, I was worried no one was really into this book so I kind of took a step back, but then I saw a tiktok this girl posted of all her favorite Wattpad books and this book was one of them. And that really motivated me to get back into it. So thank you to that person ❤️

This is also a really short chapter in the mean time. just a little filler chapter!
____________________________

"Things are going great" My dad said quietly to me. I looked over at him and nodded with a smile.

It's Thanksgiving today. We just finished dinner with Justin and his mom. I'm helping my dad put dessert out. My mom made cookies and brownies. She loves cooking and baking. She loves to have guests over.

"And Justin's a good kid" He said and I smiled wider.

"He's amazing" I said back.

"I can tell how happy he makes you. And now meeting his mom I see where he gets his manners and being polite from." He told me.

"She's so nice." I agreed.

"Go hang out with Justin. I got this" he said to me. I just nodded and walked away. I walked into the living room to see Justin standing in there watching the tv. I laughed at the fact that he was standing and not sitting. He looked over quickly once he heard my laugh.

"Hey" he said with a smile.

"Hi" I said back and walked over to him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Thank you for inviting us. Todays been great. My mom seems so happy today." He told me. It made me even more happy to hear that.

"Of course" I said to him. He leaned down and kissed me. My phone started to ring so I pulled it from my back pocket. I looked down to see Landon calling me.

"Why's he calling you?" He asked me in a confused tone. I don't think Justin realizes me and Landon talk.

"Maybe to say happy thanksgiving. I don't know" I said back and Justin removed his arm. I sat down as I answered the call saying, "Hey" Justin sat down next to me.

"What's up Hailey?" I heard Landon with a cheerful voice.

"Just finished eating dinner. What about you?" I asked back.

"About to eat dinner actually" He said with a chuckle. "But I was calling because I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" I asked him.

"I have a photoshoot Sunday in New York City and I fly in tomorrow afternoon. I was thinking of maybe coming over there Friday night until Saturday." He told me.

"Oh my god. Really? That's great" I said back. "Definitely come. I'm doing something for my birthday at Sabrina's tomorrow night. I'm sure you can stay at Jaden's." I told him.

"Yeah, I already talk to Jaden and he said yes. So I'll be seeing you tomorrow night." He said back.

"I can't wait. That's exciting"

"I have to go, but I'll see you tomorrow." We said goodbye then I put my phone down next to me. I looked over at Justin who's eyes are on the tv again. "Landon has to go to the city this weekend so he's going to come to my party tomorrow. So you're going to meet him." I told him. Justins eyes were back on me.

"Okay cool" He said back with a nod. "Am I going to like him or is he one of the guys that like you?" He asked me with a little chuckle. I let out a small laugh too.

"He does not like me." I told him. "Don't worry" I said then put my hand on his cheek. He placed his hand on my hand and smiled a little. "My eyes are just for you. You have my heart." I told him. He smiled wider.

"You took mine way before I even knew." He said back making me smile bigger now. I leaned over and kissed him.

I feel like I love him. I know it's soon. We've only been dating for a little over a week. But we both caught feelings for each other two months ago. I want to tell him that I truly feel like I love him, but I don't want to say it if he can't say it back. So I'm going to wait for him to say it first.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked me.

"You" I honestly told him.

"Oh yeah?" He asked with a smirk as he wrapped his arm around me again.

"Yeah" I said back smiling.

"Do you know how much you mean to me?" He asked moving his face closer to mine.

"You can tell me more." I said and he chuckled.

"I can. Or I can also show you." He said quietly then pressed his lips against mine. He put his other hand on my jaw as we made out.

"Justin." I said with a giggle as I pulled away. "What if my parents or your mom walk in? That's so awkward" He chuckled.

"Upstairs?" He asked with a grin.

"No" I said back with a laugh.

"Fine" he said then kissed my cheek and playfully rolled his eyes. He kept his arm around me. "You look beautiful. Did I tell you that today?" He asked making me blush.

"You did." I said and he smiled.

"Oh wait, I forgot to tell you that my mom and I are going back to Canada for Christmas." He told me.

"That's great. Your family is going to be so happy to see you." I said back and he nodded.

"You're going to California right?" He asked me and I nodded. "At least we got to spend this holiday together." He said making me smile.

"I know" I said back nodding. "I want to give you a Christmas gift before we both go away." I told him.

"Can we? I don't want to wait till after." He said back with a little smile. "When do you leave?"

"I think the twenty-first." I answered. "When are you?" I asked back.

"The twenty-second." He answered me. "But then I come back the twenty-seventh. What about you?"

"The twenty-eighth." I told him.

"Awe damn. We'll be apart for a little while." He said as he pulled me closer again.

"I know" I said with a frown. "I'll miss you." I told him.

"I'll miss you too" He said with a smile forming on his face. He looked like he wanted to say something, but hesitated.

"What?" I asked since it was clear he wanted to say something, but wasn't.

"Uh nothing" He said back shaking his head. "I'm just really crazy about you. That's all." He said then kissed my cheek. I started to blush.

This feels like love to me. Is it too soon? I can't help this feeling.