Chapter 45 - There Is No Friendship

**Justins POV**

Canada has been so amazing. I miss it here like crazy. This will forever be my home. Even though I love where I'm at now, this is my real home. Today I'm at my dads and I'm about to go make cookies and brownies with my little siblings. But I'm standing in my dads guest bedroom right now since I stayed here for the night and I was about to walk out until Travis started to call me.

"Yo" I answered the call.

"Bro you won't believe this." Travis said right away.

"Oh god, what?" I asked.

"Landon just texted me and asked for your number to apologize." He told me. I chucked.

"Apologize?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Should I tell him no or give it to him?" He asked me. I honestly want nothing to do with him, but it's kind of weird that Hailey is next door to him and he all the sudden wants to talk to me.

"Uh give it to him." I answered. "Fuck it."

"Okay. Let me know what he says."

"Okay bro." I said then we said bye and hung up. I put my phone down and shook my head. I have a feeling this shit isn't going to be genuine.

I'm going to wait a few minutes before I go down stairs and see if he texts me. After all this time he wants to say sorry? Everything that went down happened almost a month ago. This is just weird.

I heard my phone go off so I quickly picked up to see he did text me.

_____
Landon: hey is this Justin?

Me: yup landon?

Landon: yeah I just wanted to say I'm sorry if u got the wrong idea or impression of me. I do jokingly flirt with hails sometimes but it's only jokes bc ik it annoys her. i wasn't trying to ruin ur relationship

Me: I appreciate it if it's genuine. did hailey make u say something?

Landon: no I haven't even seen her. she told my mom she didn't want to see me lmao
______

He didn't even say 'yeah it's genuine'. He ignored that part. And I'm glad Hailey said she didn't want to see him. I also have no idea how to respond to him. I looked back down to see he texted me again.

______
Landon: I did want to ask if u have spoke to her

Me: lol we got back together
______

You're telling me he didn't see her post me the other day? I find that hard to believe. He for sure knows we are back together.

______
Landon: oh that's interesting

Me: how is that interesting to u

Landon: nah nothing

Me: why do u gotta be weird about it? was that apology not genuine?

Landon: it's just I see her and Jaden on the beach and it's kind of weird

Me: how?

Landon: well his arm is around her

Me: why should I believe anything u say

Landon: One Attachment
Landon: why should I lie?

Me: so that's why u texted me
Me: I knew that shit was a fake ass apology

Landon: yikes don't get mad at me. U should direct that somewhere else