Chapter 5 - Jaldabaoth (pt2)

As Asta sped forwards Gagaran and Tia turned to flee.

The demon raised his hand. "Hellfire Wall!"

That's a tier 7 spell?!

"Teleportation!" Asta moved through space appearing between Gagaran, Tia and the wall of flames. "Aegis of the Valkyrie!"

A massive glowing shield formed in front of Asta's arm blocking the entire entranceway. The spell cascaded into his shield searing it and pushing Asta back before it fizzled out into smoke.

The demon looked at Asta but before it could do anything more Asta swung his sword. "Dimensional Slash!"

A ripple of light tore through the air towards the demon who instantly raised his hands. "Frost of Jud..."

Asta appeared right in front of him and right in front of his own attack. The demon had obviously underestimated him.

"Dimensional Slash!" His sword slammed right into the front of the demon. Its defences protected it from being rent in half, but it was sent flying across the ground, tearing up the stone as it went, before crashing into the side of the mansion.

Asta moved to evade his first attack which he had used as a distraction and turned back to the others.

"Are you all ok?!"

Unlike when he had first displayed his power the three of them were looking at him with awe this time. Maybe it was his armour.

Asta turned to the sound of feet touching down on the stone. The demon had already recovered from Asta's attack.

He clutched his sword but paused. Even with this weapon his attack had been by no means weak and yet this demon did not appear to be injured. His clothes had sustained the blow without breaking as well.

In this world he doubted anything like that could be made, meaning those clothes were from Yggdrasil, either originally owned by the thirteen heroes or he might be a player.

"How very rude!" said the demon, his voice surprising calm despite what had just happened though Asta could detect a hint of malice. "Just who are you?"

Asta opened his mouth. He had to know if there was someone else from Yggdrasil here.

"Are you a pl..."

The ground suddenly tore up between them as something heavy crashed into the stone from above.

Two massive swords swung away the smoke, a massive figure clad in black armour emerging, one sword held towards Asta and the others and one towards the demon.

"Which one of you is my foe?!"

"Who are...?" stared Asta but Evil Eye cut him off.

"We are adamantite adventurers from the Blue Roses! Please aid us against this demon!"

The black knight, looked their way for a moment before turning his attention to the demon, thrusting both swords in its direction. "Understood!"

The demon bowed. "May I begin by asking your name, please?" He glanced from the black knight to Asta. "Both of you. My name is Jaldabaoth."

"Jaldabaoth? Well, all right. I am Momon, adamantite class adventurer," said the black knight.

"Astaroth," said Asta. "Member of the Blue Roses."

"What is your purpose here?" said Momon.

The demon, Jaldabaoth, stood straight. "It seems that a mighty item that can summon us and make us do its bidding has found its way into this city. I am here for the purpose of recovering it."