Chapter 11 - Induction into Nazarick (pt2)

A few days later Asta teleported to his room in Nazarick and began running through the smart clothes, humming to himself.

"Someone's in a good mood." Excella appeared next to him, a sly grin across her lips. "It seems you've found your ability to cope." She waved her arm through his chest. "It's just too bad that I don't have the ability to comfort you like she does."

"I was actually thinking about that," said Asta, changing his clothes to a suit then changing again. What was formal wear for Nazrick anyway?

"You've been thinking about my body?" Excella grinned.

Asta looked at her. Well, he had to admit it was hard to not think about her body considering what she wore.

"Not that. I mean about getting you a body."

For once Excella didn't have a comeback. If anything, she looked a little shocked.

"It was a World Item that made you this way, right?" Asta turned to her placing a hand on his chest. "So, I'm sure we can separate us if we use another World Item. I'm not sure if Ainz will let us use one of Nazarick's but perhaps if I prove myself enough to earn it or if we find another in this world then..."

Excella's lip was quivered and then she suddenly burst into laughter.

"What's so funny?" said Asta.

"It's...just...you never fail to surprise me, Asta." Excella flashed a truly warm smile towards him.

"That is unnecessary, however," she said. "I already told you that I would stay with you. I'm happy where I am at the moment."

"But wouldn't you like your own body if you had the chance?"

"Just the thought alone that you would do that is enough. I mean what idiot would use something that holds such power for just one person. Two even. The idea is ludicrous."

"I don't know. What's the point of hording World Items if you aren't going to use them? And I think two World Items would be a small price for getting you a body."

Asta turned to the mirror as Excella's eyes widened. He changed into his strongest armour and nodded.

"I think this is what I should wear, something befitting Nazarick, don't you agree?"

Asta looked over when Excella didn't reply. She was turned away from him, an arm over her eyes.

"Um," she nodded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asta walked into the throne room.

Decorations had been put up all over the arches and ceiling though they might be considered horrid depending on how you looked at them.

The sides of the halls were lined with all the NPCs of Nazarick along with some of Ainz's top level skeletons. At the front of the hall were the Guardians of Nazarick standing just before the stairs.

Albedo stood at Ainz's side smiling down at him as he approached, and sitting on the throne was Ainz himself, the staff of Ainz Ooal Gown clasped firmly in his hand.

With that staff he would be able to register Asta as the newest member of Nazarick.

Asta had been caught within his feelings, unsure if what he was doing was right. Ainz was like him but what they were doing to humans was horrible.

Asta had been trapped thinking about if he could save them but knowing how it would end if he did. He had allowed himself to think what the world would be like under Ainz's rule and that though it would result in many deaths that there would be less in the future because of it.

None of it was easy to think about and no decision he made was strictly a good one.

But what he had found was that he wanted to be with Lakyus. He wanted to chat with Ainz about their old world. And to that end he would cope...with the help of his friends and everyone around him.

Asta reached the foot of the stairs and knelt down.

Ainz stood.

"Everyone has gathered here to witness the birth of a new Supreme Being of Nazarick. Before I begin does anyone disagree with this decision? Is anyone against Astaroth Heavensfall joining Nazarick?!"

Silence.

Asta breathed a small sigh of relief. He had thought that Albedo would challenge him. Ainz was on his side at least. If he ordered Albedo to accept him then she would. And many of the other guardians seemed ok with him. If everyone was against him then he'd understand if Ainz was hesitant at letting him in.

"Very well!" said Ainz. "Astaroth, come forth."

Asta rose up and walked up the stairs to where Ainz was standing.

"Please kneel."

Asta knelt again and lowered his head.

Ainz bent down placing a hand on Asta's shoulder and spoke.

"True Death."