Chapter 13 - Demon Queen of the Valkyries (pt1)

Ainz didn't take his gaze off Asta, his seemingly defeated friend.

As Ainz thought, he didn't feel anything. No guilt from betrayal nor sadness at loosing someone from his past world.

He had expected Asta to put up a fight. If anything, killing him in such a way felt unsatisfying.

Hmm, did he seek a challenge on his decision? It was not one he had made lightly. Perhaps he had wanted something to push against it so he must have been a little surprised how easily it had been accepted.

"Albedo," he said calmly, looking over to her. "Finish it."

"Yes, Lord Ainz!" She raised her axe.

Energy erupted from Asta. Albedo and Shalltear who were closest guarded at what they thought to be an attack. Then a sound of pure hatred, something Ainz had only heard before by Albedo. It had been when a human had damaged him with a summon when he had first arrived in this world.

"YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!!"

Asta's roar sent a wave of chills even down Ainz's spine. Asta was standing, anger throbbing, corrupting his expression like he couldn't contain it all. His teeth were grit down so tightly Ainz could hear them scraping even from this distance. Blood-shot eyes filled with malice glared across them all.

Ainz could tell that this was not Asta.

"HOW DARE YOU!!!" Asta's body arched and lurched from anger. "HOW DARE YOU HURT MY HERO!!!"

Asta growled like that of a glutinous beast staring down its prey.

Cocqutous, Demiurge and Sebas immediately moved to protect Ainz while Shalltear and Albedo moved to attack.

"Valkyrie Wings," spoke Asta, his voice seething with anger. He looked up at the two approaching. "So slow."

Asta moved, faster than Ainz had ever seen any player move before. He passed Albedo and Shalltear before they had even realised, but it seemed Asta's target was not him.

Asta's sword slammed into Sebas, likely knocking down his health a fair bit, the impact sending him flying from the ground, crashing into Mare beside him.

Ainz's gaped. A sword slash from one level one hundred to another shouldn't be able to apply that kind of force.

"Confused," said Asta, no Excella, almost too calmly. "When Asta used a world item to save me he received my soul along with many of my skills and abilities, and a boost in his stats when he uses them."

Cocqutous charged up behind Excella, weapons in all six of his arms.

"As I am now, I am equivalent to level one hundred and twenty." Excella turned her wings blocking four of Cocqutous's weapons, her sword blocking his other two, like they didn't weigh anything at all. Then she leapt up slamming her foot into Cocqutous sending him scraping back through the ground.

Ainz saw it now. Asta had said that he had used a World Item to save her. But it didn't just save her. It had given him her power turning him into what would have been the strongest player. Ainz couldn't think of any other who would be able to match him like this.

He glanced at Aura and then to Mare who was still getting up. Should he use a World Item? Should he call Rubedo?

"Albedo, take the vanguard! Shalltear, stay mid. Cocquitus and Sebas attack and do not hold back! Mare, use your magic to buff everyone. Demiurge and Aura use your pets to slow him down. I will debuff him!"

His guardians all agreed immediately, likely realising just how much of a threat Asta was. Twenty levels were a massive difference. Right now, his existence was not dissimilar to a raid boss. But a raid boss could be defeated and without a World Item.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author note: Hi All, As this chapter is larger than the others, I'll be bringing out updates every day until it is completed.

As always thanks for reading :)