Chapter 13 - Demon Queen of the Valkyries (pt2)

Excella glared at them all as they moved into formation. Mare, at the back, had started chanting a spell as had Ainz.

So, he thought her a threat enough to join in the battle himself. If she hadn't been surging with rage, she might have felt happy about that.

"First things first," she growled, raising her hand. Lighting crackled as a spear of light erupted into existence in her palm. "The support dies first." She arched her arm back. "Thor's Hammer!"

Mare shirked.

The spear crashed towards him like a bolt of thunder. Ainz had seen Asta use this move during the fight with Demiurge but he had thought it a meagre skill due to the fact that they were only play fighting.

But this bolt was far stronger than the one he had seen.

The ground seared red as it teared past Albedo and Shalltear who were closest. Cocytus was still recovering leaving only Sebas in the way.

Sebas pulled back his fist, slamming it into the bolt.

Ainz gasped as Sebas's arm was torn clean off, though the force he had exerted had altered the spear's trajectory making it crash into the ground to Mare's side.

"Lord Ainz!" cried Albedo.

Asta had disappeared. But if Ainz remembered Excella's abilities correctly then...

In between the flashes of sparks from the spear, Excella appeared right where the spear had hit the ground.

"Ride of the Valkyrie," she muttered, thrusting her sword forwards.

"Mare!" shouted Aura.

"Spatial Rend!" Excella tore her sword up tearing Mare in two.

The guardian's gasped, all of them hurtling towards Excella but she was already close to Ainz.

"Now, YOU!!!" she roared, hatred seething through her voice.

Ainz stepped back. He couldn't teleport due to the dimension lock and flying would be too slow. Against a DPS character as strong as Excella he could do nothing if she caught up to him.

"Lord Ainz!" cried the guardians as Excella raised her sword again.

"And cut!!!"

Excella stopped, tentacles wrapping around her body, holding her in place.

"What the...?" she growled, looking back at the creature forming right where the slain Mare should have been.

Ainz laughed. He couldn't believe the counter measure he had put in place had actually worked.

"Triplet Maximise Magic!" he boomed. "Reality Slash!"

A tear in space slammed into Excella making her cry out in pain, blood spirting from the wound, tearing her from the tentacles holding her.

A moment later the tentacle mass formed together into a man in uniform.

"Good work, Pandor's Actor." The counter measure had been a simple one of covering their support. Pandor's actor was immune to decapitation meaning that techniques like Spatial Rend had no added effect after damage. The real Mare was safe, still in Nazarick's throne room.

"BASTARDS!!!" roared Excella, leaping to her feet, blood oozing from a large cut across her left shoulder. She raised her weapon but before she could do any more Shalltear slammed into her with her petite lance.

Excella crashed across the ground.

"Slow!" shouted Ainz, casting a debuff on her. "Reduce Armour! Magic resistance down! Health..."

"YOU THINK THAT AFFECTS ME, YOU WORTHLESS INGRATE!!!"

Ainz's spells fizzled out. The level difference was either too great or her special stat was too high making her resist his spells.

It truly was like fighting a raid boss except different. She didn't boast the massive amount of health she did when he and his guild had fought her in the raid but instead, she was using tactics he had not seen her use before.

"HOW DARE YOU CALL MY BELOVED AN INGRATE, YOU WORM!!!"

Albedo roared back, wind flourishing from the force of their sound waves crashing against one another.

Excella charged forwards slamming her sword into Albedo's axe rocking the ground from the impact.

"ALL HE WANTED WAS TO BE YOUR FRIEND!!! BECAUSE OF ME HE LOST HIS FRIENDS! AND NOW JUST WHEN HE WAS FINDING MORE..."

Excella's anger surged staggering Albedo and a foot to the stomach sent her crashing back over the ground.

"I'LL KILL YOU ALL!!!"

Shalltear soared through the air at Excella who turned to her.

"Huh...!"

Excella's feet sunk into the ground, a viscous mud-like substance detracting from her movement.

"Toxic Swamp," said Ainz finishing his spell. Excella's resistance was likely so high that she wouldn't be affected by the poison but...

"Got you!" cued Shalltear slamming her lance into Excella.

If Ainz's spells couldn't debuff her directly he could still get to her in other ways.

Excella collapsed into the swamp getting up almost immediately as Demiurge swooped in with his claws.

Excella moved but the swamp pulled at her feet slowing her down.

"Tch!" Excella spread her wings but Ainz's guardians had already surrounded her. There was nowhere for her to escape to.