Un mauvais rêve

FLASHBACK 2003

Louis' mission was pointed to Vaucluse. He had no clue that he would be sent by the Fraternity there. From his casual talks with other Assassins', he recalls that he had talked to someone from there." hmm, I don't know his name, but I believe he said he's from here." Louis talked to himself as he wandered the place. He was walking in the streets when he came across the 'two boys, they were all dirty, and they look so thin. He's got a paper bag of food in his hand and decided to give food to them. " tiens prends ça!" he said as he handed a piece of bread to each one of them. " Merci Monsieur! " the two said in chorus, crying as they chew on the bread. They looked so hungry as if they haven't eaten in weeks. "où sont tes parents?" he asked as he watched the two boys eat. " hu-hmm, we don't have any!" the smaller boy replied. " What do you mean you don't have any?" Louis asked, eager to learn what happened to them. "notre père est mort il y a une semaine !" the taller boy replied. "qu'en est-il de ta mère? où est-elle?" Louis continued to ask as he handed them his water bottle. "elle est morte aussi, elle est morte quand elle a donné naissance à mon petit frère." the smaller boy again replied as he wiped off his eyes.

PRESENT

Étienne had been twisting and turning from his bed, He's body was full of sweat. He was yelling " Papa Louis aide-moi! Aidez nous!" He said it a few times, until he woke up, "It's just a dream!" He said to himself now half-awake. Things didn't end up right and he and Adrien were hurt by what he knew.

FLASHBACK 2003

One Week before meeting the two brothers

Louis was sent by the Fraternity to Balance the World. And he did what he was told. "Mission Completed" was the text message he sent to his then Leader using an unknown number. " I'll head back to base in a bit" as he followed thru with his text informing their Boss.

Louis was training their new recruit Aleksandra. They separated after completing the mission. Aleksandra heads back to base while Louis enjoys his time in Vaucluse. He's thoughts of Sophie and Jean never leave his mind. He was somehow hopeful that they will cross paths again. He loved them so much. But his mission is important, and he cannot let that get in the way. He was a firm believer that he existed to balance nature.

He knows that he is contradicting himself, killing targets, and helping people are two things. he thinks that he will feel less guilty if he helps in some way, and that's why he intends to do good in a different way. His experience with the Fraternity grows longer and he learns a lot from the loom. His and Aleksandra's leader, Antoine taught them how to do the mission, correctly.

Louis and Aleksandra's Mission in Vaucluse

It was a regular sun-shiny day when Aleksandra and Louis headed to the site. "what is this place?"Aleksandra asked. They were at the park. Looking from the roof of a house. Aleksandra has spotted the target. "There he is"! she said. They remain hidden. When they have clear sight. Louis gave him a GO!

Aleksandra pulled the trigger. They used silencers. They heard a loud cry from two kids. "Papa, papa!" no one knew what happened. They were in the swing and their father was watching them play. The two kids witnessed their father just fall from the ground. The younger one went to his knees and got his father's body. The older one tried to look everywhere to see where did the bullet come from. He tried to look for anything suspicious but unfortunately didn't see any sign. Whoever did it, it was all clean. There weren't aren't marks that will link it to them. Aleksandra made sure of that. She observed them. As if she is not a mother herself. She was watching them emotionless. All she had in her head was rage. And she makes use of that feeling to kill her targets. Few minutes of observing and she got down. She kept her things inside her bag. She blended in with the people and headed to their quarters. As she was walking to the quarters, her eyes watched a young mother who have a daughter who was walking along with her. " I suppose she is 8 years old by now" she murmured to herself.

Meanwhile at the Quarters

Louis was silent after fulfilling the task. It seems that he was heartbroken. He left Aleksandra on the roof after that. He felt pity for the kids. He went back to their quarters and locked himself there. He stayed there for days. He didn't get to memorize the faces of the kids. All he knew was that they were two innocent boys. He was in his bed, he was twisting and turning. The face of their target seemed familiar. But like any other target. "It's nothing personal," he said in his head.

He had fallen asleep and he was having a dream. " I love you, my son. Always remember that I love you and your mom. In his dream was a picture of a month-old Jean. He had the baby held in his arms. He's been having the same dream from the time that he left them. "Ahh! Noh!" he yelled as he realized that he had woken up from that dream. He was panting, "how long has it been?" Louis asked himself. He was lost in trance thinking about how long he had been gone. " 8? 8 years? is it? he was in disbelief. He didn't realize that he had been gone for that long.

A WEEK AFTER

Louis was headed back to the Chateaux in Marseille, their base. On the way there he saw 2 kids, asking for alms so that they could buy food. He felt pity for the two boys who were all dirty and seemed like they didn't eat for ages. " venez avec moi les gars!" Louis said to them as he gave them a piece of bread. Louis then thought that since he didn't have Jean and Sophie with him, he will treat the two kids as his own, although he was just 24 then. He felt like he will be their 'Papa'.

A/n: Hi guys! Sorry, I had a long weekend hehe. Have you watched the YET TO COME CONCERT? I was on WeVerse and Dang! There were like 120M of us watching. It kept on lagging. RUN BTS performance was the BESTEST among the BEST! Jimin and Taehyung nailed it! Hehe. Although, all of them were VERY GOOD. BUT HATS OFF TO VMIN on that performance.

Anyways. So? I guess the picture is getting clearer and clear now! Aleksandra? Antoine? Andre'? Aside from their name starting with an " A". What happened back there? I'll have that answered in the succeeding episodes. Please stay tuned!

If you like this chapter please give it a ⭐and comment with your thoughts. Hope y'all have a Great Day ahead!

Borahae 💜

xoxo

poijeunaibi 🖤