Œil pour œil, dent pour dent

PRESENT

If you will say that Étienne is mad about finding out about his father's demise then it's an understatement. Étienne was furious. He felt betrayed, especially by Louis. When Louis adopted them and treated him and Adrien as his son, he thought that everything will be perfect. Like he didn't lose a father at all. But all those feelings for their so-called father went down the drain. And although angry, he pretended that everything was fine. He thought of other ways how to avenge his father's passing.

Étienne works his ass out. He studied everything very well. He made himself, his own master. That's why after years of making himself the number 1 Assassin, he figured out a way to make himself credible. And that led to the formation of his Fraternity of Assassins, the crew of which Jean and Hélène were part. The Revolt that he and Adrien made was nothing but perfect. Everyone believed them, believed him to be exact!

"What are you up to Brother?" Adrien asked as he found his dearest brother Étienne in the library. " Just decoding Brother! I'm compiling the list of targets for the next month!" Étienne answered as his eyes focused on the Loom, using the Binary to get their future targets. "Do you need anything from me? I'm headed out!" Adrien said as he went near Étienne and watched how his brother do the work. Adrien spent close to an hour watching his brother before fleeing. He thought of checking on Hélène.

Adrien was driving, he was on his way to his favorite hang-out, the bar. He phoned Hélène. " Hi, Love! where are you?" Adrien said in an arrogant tone. "Love? Excuse me, Adrien. Are we okay back there?" Hélène sarcastically replied on the other line. " Yes, I'm perfect! And I'm fine!" Adrien replied with full of confidence. "Stop bothering me, Little Brother! get a life!" Hélène said and disconnected the call.

Meanwhile in Toulouse.

"Did I hear that right? Did you call Adrien a little brother? Jean asked Hélène while they stare at the starry skies and the summer wind touch on their faces. After telling all his feelings to Hélène, almost an hour passed, and Hélène hasn't answered him yet. Jean was about to go down, he feels like he had been defeated, not everybody else, but just himself. He was starting to feel disappointed.

Until.

As he passed Hélène's way to get down and just chill inside their hotel. " Wait!" Hélène said as pulled Jean's left arm to stop him, then it went silent for a minute. "Mm, how do I say this, Hélène started as she grasp for words. " Yeah, you heard me right when I call Adrien younger brother because that's what I consider him. But you, I guess you already have an idea." Hélène said as she looks at him in his eyes. " I'm not in love Jean, not yet. But I think I, I like you too! So, I'd say, will give it a try." Hélène said in all her serious tone.

Jeans's heart was jumping up and down. He hugged Hélène as his sudden reaction. " I'll prove to you that I'm worth the chance!" Jean whispered to Hélène's ear while they were in a hug. They went down hand in hand as they go to their room.

At the Secret Meeting Place

Antoine was greeted by some of their loyal members. "We thought you left us in the dark Master!" One of the members said as he shook hands with Antoine. " No! I was just called elsewhere that is why I disappeared!" Antoine said with a smile. Guillaume was also busy conversing with the other members of the Fraternity.

 Guillaume was also busy conversing with the other members of the Fraternity

"Kling, Kling, Kling" was the sound inside that filled the room. Antoine, like Luci, started his speech, in a classy way.

"Thank you for honoring my and my brother's invitation! We're gathered here today, to put down the real enemy. The one who plays God, and calls himself, the Guardian of the Loom. We know well how it functions, and it cannot be manipulated. The Earth's Balance, will not make sense if you pick your target. May I remind, you that the order doesn't come from anyone of us here, but comes from Up Above! We need to defend the real truth and take down this so-called Guardian. Are you all with me?" Antoine said his piece and raised his glass to cheer up their loyal members. "We are called here to do what is right Master!" The members replied and raised their glasses for Guillaume and Antoine.

"Then let's prepare for battle!" Guillaume said and he sips on the Champagne. "Enjoy the food! Those are for you!" Antoine said and sat on his seat.

At the Bar.

Adrien was sitting in the Bar Area. He is on the 5th turning 6th shot of his whisky. He was pouring his heart out. He cannot believe he got turned down by Hélène. As far as Adrien's history with girls is concerned, this is his first. "No one says no to me!" Adrien murmured to himself.

The music was blasting. Some catchy music was being played and everyone is jumping to the cool music. LALISA- Money.

Adrien didn't care about the music, he just focused on his drinking, and his heartache. "Oops, I'm sorry!" the lady said as she accidentally hit Adrien's muscular shoulder. "It's okay!" Adrien replied. His vision was blurry and he didn't notice the girl's face.

"Ouch," Adrien said in a whisper as his head hurt. He woke up in an unfamiliar place. He swears he is not in his room. He feels a little cold. He checks on himself and noticed that he is not wearing anything. "Hmm, where am I?" he asked himself. He cannot see much, the room was dark. He tried to turn to his left, but he was shocked by the body next to him. The lady was about his age and she have flawless white skin.

A/n:Hi guys! Sorry, this got a little late, but yeah! Hmm, finally, our dear Hélène was willing to give her and Jean a chance. Hope that it works out for them. Antoine and Guillaume are brewing up something.. Hmm.

And I'm intrigued with Adrien's new girl. Who could she be? I kinda feel bad for him, but hope this girl would be the 'one' for him.

If you like this chapter please give it a ⭐and comment with your thoughts. Hope y'all have a Great Day ahead!

Borahae 💜

xoxo

poijeunaibi 🖤