Part 4

Four days. People are starting to suspect something's wrong. They've noticed the change in the wonder boy. He couldn't keep his promise. This is the worst he's ever been. But they didn't care. Or at least, not enough to save him. But they still have time, so there's still a story to be told. Let's continue.

Valt walked through the streets of Spain, lost in his own thoughts. What brought him out of those thoughts was a familiar figure. Theodore Glass. He gripped onto Valtryek as Theodore made his way over to the wonder boy, a cruel smile on his face.

"I've heard the rumours. You're not acting like your usual happy-go-lucky self." Theodore had a smug look on his face as he held out his hand towards Valt. "Join me, Valt, and once again your life will find meaning."

Valt knew this was a bad idea, and that it wouldn't solve anything. After all, Theodore was the source of all his problems. But, the wonder boy was at his lowest, and all he could see was darkness. His judgement was clouded, and he just wanted a way out; an escape from this awful, awful reality.

"What's in it for me?" Valt asked, glancing between Theodore's face and hand. He was already planning on ending his life. He might as well go out with a bang.

"You get a break from this awful reality, and I get inside information on BC Sol. How does that sound?" Theodore had his eyes trained on Valt, who was now just as valuable to him as Free was.

"I accept your proposal on one condition. Or, rather, two." Valt said, a fierce look in his eye.

"Which are?" There was fear in Theodore's voice.

"One, I will not become a masked blader. And two, Shu will not be involved in this." Valt stared at Theodore as he awaited an answer, not wanting a repeat of events. Those events lead him here, and he wouldn't wish that on anyone else.

"I accept your conditions. Welcome to our ranks, Hazel Eye."