Part 8

It was time. Tonight was the night. The wonder boy is going to lose his life. The world will lose its light, despite everyone's best efforts. It was a miracle he had lasted that long. But he had decided he couldn't go on any longer. This was a miracle that had gone on for too long, in his opinion.

Shu had invited him round to the apartment he was staying in while he was in Spain for a sleepover, almost as if he had sensed that something was wrong. Valt didn't understand why they were trying so hard. He was long gone. Why couldn't he just let go?

Valt held Valtryek in his hand, a sad look on his face as he murmured to his bey, "This is it. I'm ready to go now. I said I was going to take my life one of these days, and I meant it. I guess today's finally the day. I didn't think that I'd last this long."

Valt stopped outside of Shu's apartment and put his bey away, not giving her a chance to respond. It was quite late, so if he was going to take his own life then he'd have to do it here. But, he was more than prepared.

He knocked on the door, and Shu answered the door with a smile. Valt was at ease. He was ready. They had a nice time together, and when Shu went to cook dinner, Valt took it as an opportunity. This was it. He made his way to a spare room Shu had, rope in one hand and his phone in the other. Valtryek was in his pocket, and there was a chair in the corner of the room. I'm sure you can guess where this is going.

Valt got everything ready, but before taking his own life he decided to make a video addressed to the world. This would be his goodbye.

The video started, and Valt was sitting in the middle of the dark room. "Every thought is a battle, every breath is a war and I don't think I'm winning anymore." There was a pause as tears came to his eyes. "Why are they surprised to see me die? Did they not see the death in my eyes? The sorrow behind the smile? How I constantly hated myself and how I was suicidal? Did they not notice the scars? The bags under my eyes? Did they really not realise? Or did they just not care?"

"Valt?" Came Shu's voice, and Valt looked up, towards the door, a sad, almost guilty look in his eyes. "Valt, where are you?"

"But what if I had told you I wanted to die? That I was tired of living, of being alive? What if I had said it gets worse at night? The thoughts got louder and nothing is right. Imagine if I lied and said everything was alright. No, I'm not crying. I swear I'm alright. What happens when I die? I doubt you'd even cry. Would you even care if I take my own life?" He turned the camera off and cried, knowing it was unfair of him to say those things, but he kept it, posting the video to every story on every social media. "Goodbye, world. I'm sorry."

He stood up, and with the last of his strength, Valt stood on the chair, his neck through the loop he had crafted as tears streamed down his face. He could feel his phone vibrating like crazy, people finally understanding how bad it had gotten. Shu shoved the door open, but it was too late. The wonder boy was far too gone, beyond any form of saving.