Part 6

Two days remain and the wonder boy has lost his touch. He can no longer smile. What was the point? It's not like anyone cared anyway. Nobody ever cared. That's the problem with this world. But, what's anyone to do about it? Shu had come to Spain. He wanted to patch up his relationship with Valt best he could. It was starting to get unbearable. That was still his best friend, despite what had happened in the past.

Shu walked into BC Sol and glanced around the campus, his eyes settling on Valt who was on the phone. He walked over to the blunette and waited patiently nearby for him to finish. While he waited, something that Valt said caught Shu's attention. He asked what his next move was. And then a name popped up he had wanted to leave in his past. Theodore.

Valt ended the call and looked at Shu, not even offering a smile - his kind eyes now drained and tired. He was done; the wonder boy just wanted his life to end. He didn't have much energy left, and all his faith in people had depleted. He had already served his purpose, anyway, so it didn't really matter. What was the point in having the wonder boy if he could no longer bring hope to the people? "Hey, Shu. What're you doing here?"

"I came to talk to you. Free was worried about you, and honestly, so am I. What's wrong with you, Valt?" Shu asked, tears in his eyes. He was afraid he'd lose his best friend to Theodore, knowing that no one could beat Valt as it was. As a masked blader, they'd have no chance. Not even the likes of Lui or Free would be able to stand up to him.

"Nothing's wrong with me. I'm just tired." Valt said, walking past Shu and towards the dorms. He didn't feel like talking. He could feel the end coming, and he wanted to break all ties so he wouldn't hurt anyone.

"You're not the Valt I remember. Where's our wonder boy?" Shu shouted after him, not quite sure what to think after hearing the conversation. They couldn't lose the wonder boy. The world would never be the same again.

Valt stopped, balling his hand into a fist, a distraught look on his face. This was just as hard on him as it was on everyone else. He glanced at Shu. "I guess the wonder boy is out of miracles to perform."