Part 7

One day. 24 hours. That was all the time he had left. That was all the time he was allowing himself. But, that didn't matter. It was all the time he needed. What would you do if you had 24 hours left to live?

Well, for Valt he had to prepare the world for his death. He had been slowly doing this via social media, giving them subtle hints. But, nobody seemed to catch on. Or, they just didn't care. He was about to throw the world into chaos, though, so they'll suffer for not helping him. A cruel price to pay, but it is what it is.

It was midday, and he had only just decided to leave his room. It was rare to see Valt isolate himself so much, but the same rules applied to him as they did for Free. As long as he kept winning, they didn't care what he did.

The moment Valt stepped out of the dorms, he was greeted by a familiar face. Theodore had decided to pay him a visit. "Valt Aoi."

"Theodore Glass." Valt looked up at the taller male, a deadpan look on his face that made Free look friendly.

"Have you got the information I requested?" Theodore narrowed his eyes at the blunette, who sighed, pulling out an envelope with a load of information on the team. Only half of it was right, but he didn't really care. He was just done. Theodore took the envelope and then started walking away. "You'll get your happiness soon, trust me. Maybe then the wonder boy will start performing miracles again."

Valt rolled his eyes, knowing that was never going to happen and Theodore's entire deal was a scam, but he wouldn't be alive to suffer the consequences so he wasn't bothered. A gruff voice brought him out of his thoughts. "What was that about?"

He looked around to see Lui watching him, an irritated look on his face. Valt sighed, not wanting to deal with the easily angered white tyrant. "It was nothing. Not that you would care, anyway."

"Xander called me and said everyone was worried about you, but he couldn't make it over here. I was in the area, so he asked me to check on you." Lui explained, and Valt cocked an eyebrow, wondering why he should care about something so insignificant. "I can see why they were so worried." 

Valt's eyes widened in surprise "Wha-?"

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING AOI?" Lui shouted, a mixture of rage and concern in his eyes; an emotion that was so rare for the Shirosagi. "YOU ARE ALL WE HAVE LEFT. YOU MEAN EVERYTHING TO THIS WORLD AND ALL THE PEOPLE IN IT. SO WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

"NOTHING, THAT'S THE POINT," Valt shouted back, his emotions hitting him full throttle. "I AM JUST A BOY, THIS WORLD DOES NOT NEED ME. I AM NOTHING. THAT'S ALL I'LL EVER BE."

"YOU ARE EVERYTHING, YOU DUMBASS." Valt gasped in surprise, and Lui looked so torn. His emotions were eating him up, for whatever reason. "I don't know what happened to you, and I don't know why you have this mindset, but you need to snap out of it."

Valt stared at Lui, and then his eyes wandered to the ground, almost ashamed of himself. "You can't change my fate, Lui, even if you had the power of the wonder boy on your side. I'm done."

Valt went to walk off, but Lui grabbed his arm, almost desperate. "I won't stop you from whatever you're planning, but I will try my best to convince you that you are worth it. That's the least I could do."

"You don't need to do that, Lui. I'll just be wasting your time. My fate was sealed the moment I accepted the role as wonder boy, whether any of us like it or not."