08

Lacey stood in the kitchen. She looked to the texts off of Max and sighed. She knew how someone had been trying to blackmail him about them. And she was scared.

She knew that it was getting messy. Especially since Aimee knew about them. She knew how messy that it was.

Lacey looked to see Aimee as she walked into the kitchen. Aimee looked to her and smirked. "Please don't judge me," Lacey said. 

Aimee looked to her. She rolled her eyes. "You really think I am going to judge you Lace? I am far from innocent. I have been there with Max. I mean he was the one who took my virginity. And it's something I don't want dad to find out. I know neither do you."

Lacey smiled.  "It's just a bit of fun Aimee. But now I know it's getting complicated. I just want everything to work out. I just want to find out who is blackmailing us and why," she said.

Aimee looked to her. She smiled.  "I know. And I'll see what I can find out. It might be more at Max then you. I mean you heard how our father talks about him. He is not exactly innocent is he?" Aimee said as Lacey looked to her and smiled.

Lacey knew how Aimee had a point about it all. And she knew just how messy and complicated that things were at the moment. She hated it.

****

Lacey got to school. She smiled as she walked to the office.  She saw Max who looked to her and winked. "Hey. Are you okay?" He asked.

Lacey nodded. "Have you heard anything else?"

"No. And I am trying not to worry," Max told her. 

Lacey looked to him and nodded.  "I know. But that's easier said then done. Especially with it all is going on. But you don't think someone here has an issue with you? And they have found out. And is blackmailing you for it?" She asked. 

Max looked to her. He sighed. "I don't know. It's possible. Look all you  need to know is I will sort it. I will look after you. You have nothing to worry about," he said as he walked over to her and smiled as he kissed her forehead.

Lacey knew that he was keeping from her about the situation. And she couldn't help but feel as if he was hiding something. 

****

Lacey sat in the common room. She looked to see Aimee as she walked in and looked to her. "I need to talk to you," Aimee said. 

Lacey frowned.  "Judging by the tone of your voice, I can tell it's not good. What is it?" She asked her sister.

Aimee sighed.  "I saw Max arguing with Campbell. He's sleeping with her too. I don't want to upset you. But you should know. I think that she could be the one who is blackmailing you," she said as Lacey looked to her and frowned.

She was in shock over what she was hearing. She had no idea just how everything was about to be turned upside down.