[S3] Chapter 9: "Focus, Fight, Win." [Choice Warning]

Cooper: "And here we go, Chapter 9 Season 3, hope y'all enjoy it and let me know about any errors or stuff like that. More than 30000 words guys, enjoy this!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica's POV

After listening to Oliver's poorly made joke about my ass, he had helped me up and into the interiors of a vent, first hanging from it and then getting fully inside, moving on all fours.

[R] Oliver: [English] "Sorry, we didn't had much time to clean the vents, chances are you'll find a bit of trash and shit on your way there." -Just as he said that, my right hand got wet with some kind of rotten green liquid-

Jessica: [English] "I've had to crawl into much tighter places and into much more shit, this is nothing compared to the previous ones I've dealt with."

[R] Oliver: [English] "Oh, phew. I guess that's a relief, still..we're out of power."

Jessica: [English] "Tell me something I don't know." -I replied-

[R] Lillith: [English] "I'll guide you through, this thing is a complete maze, believe it or not."

Jessica: [English] "I believe you're gonna lead me on the right track, but not like I've got much of a choice." -I turned left since it was the only way to go-

[R] Lillith: [English] "Alright smartass, turn right..now." -She said and I did what she told me to, turning right around the corner-

I kept crawling through the ventilation ducts for a few more quick seconds until I came across two paths, one to the right and one to the left.

Jessica: [English] "What now?"

[R] Lillith: [English] "Good good, now take the left." -I did as she did, not saying a word and doing what I'm supposed to do-

Crawling again through the endless ducts, these were rusty and with a few small gaps, moving without bothering to look through each of them, that was until I slammed to a stop when through one of the small holes that was bigger than the others, a rat came around the corner in my direction right in front of me stopping to look at me squeaking. Interestingly, the rat approached my right hand, which was closer, sniffing it and slightly biting it, in reflex I shook my hand taking it off my hand, the rat got angry and tried to bite me again but harder, only for me to give it a little smack followed by grabbing it with my left hand as soon it tried to approach me a 3rd time, while it was hissing, I stuck my left thumb inside my left hand, driving my claw deep through it's stomach. The rat shortly after hissing loudly, it died and I shook it aside to keep moving.

[R] Lillith: [English] "Hey was that you? I heard some hissing over there."

Jessica: [English] "It's nothing, what now?"

[R] Lillith: [English] "You sure?"

Jessica: [English] "Lillith. What now?" -I asked again-

[R] Lillith: [English] "Alright fine, jeez. Go straight, you'll probably find a open spot below, then you'll be right inside the room."

After following Lillith's instructions continuing forward as she said, I looked down seeing an opening to get out, I sat on the edge and dropped down, falling to my hands and knees from the impact, as the fall was a bit rough. I looked around seeing that this place was a disaster, I got up again from the ground clearly looking at the small areas covered by chain linking fences, some with rusty and broken blankets covering a bit of the interior, even so that did not prevent me from seeing the red generator that was at the bottom inside one of the areas covered by the chain fence.