Chapter 6

||~Emily~||
We were back in the house and with mum too but..

She's unconscious..

I was sitting at mum's bedside with Ray.
Her face was emotionless as ever.
It sometimes annoyed me how much and how Ray never shows emotions.

I overheard the conversation between Morrie and Miskit.
"Her vital signs are stable"
"The poison won't kill her but she needs an antidote" Morrie explained to Miskit worried.
"Otherwise, she may never wake up again"

...
I grabbed the amulet shaking it without thinking.
The amulet tightens around my neck just leaving just enough room to breathe.

Just relax.

I promised you, we would get her back, didn't I?

"But not like this!" I yelled in frustration.
"You didn't say she would be poisoned!"
"How do we find a cure?" I yelled-ish struggling to loosen the amulet around my neck.

That, my dear, will be up to you.

The amulet loosened around my neck allowing me to breathe probably.

I look at mum and start tearing up, threatening to fall. "I'm so sorry, mum"

"I'm so sorry" I repeated.
"Em, you okay" Navin came up behind me and Ray. "Yeah...I'm fine" I said between sniffs.
Ray had been looking over at Morrie and Miskit listening to their conversation. She really needs to stop doing that.
"Kanalis is the nearest city. We can probably find what we need there." Morrie informed Miskit, "But that's three hundred miles from here" Miskit said thinking. "Without the Albatross that trip may take weeks" Miskit explained. "Hey, did you clowns already forget?" Cogsley came out of no where. But Ray would say different. "We've still got one more vehicle" he continued.

"Do you think she can hear us?" Navin asked out of the blue.
"I don't know" I answered.
Ray just shrugged her shoulders at Navin's question. Navin walked over to mum and kissed her cheek.
"Don't worry, mum. Everything's going to be all right" Navin told mum's unconscious body.
"Right Em, Ray?"
"Yeah. I think so." I replied.
"There's a 85%  chance everything will turn out alright" Ray responded almost like a robot. It's really weird.

"Hey guys" Miskit came up to us.
"It's time to move" Miskit started to walk away.
"Ruby! Theodore!" Miskit called out, and they showed up in front of Miskit.
"Secure all loose items and furniture. And don't forget any passengers" Miskit ordered, "Yes sir" Theodore answered.
"Hey Miskit, where are we going?" Navin asked Miskit.

||~Third person~||
Cogsley and Bottle worked the house and it turns out. The entire house was actually a big robot itself.

||~Trellis~||
I had been running for awhile now, I stopped to catch my breath.

I failed my mission..
Now I have to go back with nothing...

So annoying..

His stupid mask..

His stupid voice...

The decisions he makes....

All so annoying...

But..

...

No..

End of book 1

Book 1 ✔︎