Chapter Nineteen- Records and Special Role Models

Omega's POV

I have never thought that when I came back to Earth, I would be standing in front of Goode High's doors again. I mean, seriously. Who in their right mind would willingly come back to school again after they left?

Exactly. Nobody.

But this time, it was for something I was curious about. Linda, a stranger that I had only met today, knew who I was.

And if she knew who I was, who else did?

"Ready?" asked Linda, holding her card midair, about to pass it in front of a ID screen.

I scratched my head. "I guess."

She nodded her head. Immediately, she passed the card over the screen, activating something.

"Please place your hand on the screen," said an automated computer voice. "This is required to enter school grounds."

Linda quickly followed the computer's request, pressing her pale hands on the screen. The doors automatically opened, leading into a dark, unlit hallway.

Linda put the card into her purse, and walked forward. She pressed a small button on the wall next to her, and the lights switched on. I instinctively squinted my eyes from the bright glare.

"We have to go to the next building to go to the Records Room, where they keep all the information about the students here. It's heavily protected, but with the special card that I have, we can get into it."

"Where'd you get the card?" I asked.

"A few teachers give these to students that meet the requirements every year. The students have to be well behaved and get good grades to get one of these cards. It gives special rights to us, and we go wherever we want in the school, only if we promise not to do anything dangerous."

"Like letting an unknown stranger go into school grounds?" I say.

"Exactly."

~~~~~

The records room was messy. The floor was littered with papers, the shelves stacked with untidy portfolios, and the drawers were filled with miscellaneous sheets of paper.

"We need to find your records." Linda said.

"In here? That'll be impossible!"

"Not in here. This is the old records room. The new one is behind that door." Linda said, gesturing towards the door in the back of the room, almost hidden from sight. "The school did this to stop any intruders from coming in here. There would've been alarms, too, but with this baby," Linda said, kissing her card, "we don't have to deal with all that. Now, come on. Let's go."

I started tiptoeing across the room, afraid to step on any of the papers, but Linda, who just walked over to the door, rolled her eyes. "These are fake records."

"Oh." I said, changing my stance. " They sure went all out with the security." I walked over to Linda and we entered the other room.

This room was a whole different world compared to the room we just walked out of. Tables were scattered throughout the room, each one either having a port-screen attached to it, or a high tech computer placed on top of the table. The room glowed with an eerie blue light, causing goosebumps to start on my arms. The few papers that were in the room were filed neatly in a drawer near the front of the room. There were huge glass windows on the walls, showing what story we were on in the school building. We could even see the New York City skyline.

"Woah," I said in awe. "It must've cost a bunch of money to build this."

"Yep," Linda said, proud. "Close to ten or more thousand dollars." She grabbed a chair from the nearest table, and plopped herself onto it. "But since you're the prince of the universe and all that, shouldn't you be less surprised?"

"It's just, back then, when I used to come here, Goode didn't have anything like this. Just a few old computers that always lagged."

"Well, things do change after five hundred years." She spun the chair to face the computer, and started to press the keys at an incredibly fast speed. "I think your records are in here. If they aren't in here, then we'll just search your name on Google."

"Google?"

"Yep! Google can tell you everything that you want to know."

Linda pressed the enter button, and a white spiral appeared at the bottom right of the screen. A few seconds later, a grainy picture of me appeared on the screen. It was an old yearbook picture.

Linda scrolled down the page until the bold word, History, showed up on the screen.

History

Perseus (Percy) Jackson is the son of Sally Jackson. He is reported to have ADHD and dyslexia, and as a result, has been expelled from eight schools and was enrolled into Goode by Paul, a former teacher at Goode who had retired. He has received fairly okay grades that have dropped at times, and has had many problems with behavior. He has been tardy to school and skipped classes, most often the latter, but has competed in many swimming competitions and won many medals, for his high record of 17.89 seconds. When he was of the age of twelve, he had gone missing and was on the run as a criminal for many days, but turned to be the hostage of an abusive tyrant. Since then, he has been reported in many mysterious stories. A year later, when Perseus was thirteen years old, he was reported to start a fire at a Merriwether College Prep, and to have damaged the school gym, but a few days later, Perseus Jackson returned as an innocent bystander that just happened to be there when the mysterious terrorist struck. Since then, he has been reported to be in many escapades. A few years after, he was missing for eight months, but has been revealed to be on a family vacation with his relatives in Greece. Years later, information has been disclosed that he had gone missing, and had seemed to disappear off the face of the Earth. He has not been seen since then.

Linda clicked next for more information, but a blank, white screen showed up instead.

"What does this have to do with you knowing who I am?" I asked her.

"Lots of kids in school know you because of your swimming medals. Your time continues to be the highest record, even after five hundred years. You're a role model to them. Some people have even looked you up on the Internet to at least know what you look like and your history. They probably know everything that has happened to you and to know that you've been missing."

"Is that how you know who I am? You were stalking me?"

"No, no, no." Linda said. "Paul, your old teacher told me about you, but he retired a few years ago to live with his wife. He used to talk about you, and when he did, he would get this sad look in his eye."

"Paul. The English teacher, Paul."

Linda nodded.

"He's still alive?"

"Yeah. It's been hundreds of years, Percy. You don't think anything became advanced? Scientists had created a special juice, liquid thingy that could make people live longer, probably the most likely reason why Paul is still alive. They found a cure for cancer. They even created very expensive flying cars."

I rushed up from my seat and ran towards the door. "I'm leaving, Linda. I need to go do something."

She looked at me like she knew why I was leaving. "Do you need the car?"

"I'll walk."

"You don't need t-" but I closed the door before I could hear what she said.

I needed to go find Paul. And if what Linda said was true, I needed to find my mom.