Chapter Ten- A Trip Down Memory Lane

Annabeth's POV

The Elite army made me feel uncomfortable.

They just appeared out of nowhere, saying they were from the Void and that they were here to help us against End. I don't even know what half of what that meant. And the fact that they were wearing those billowing cloaks made them look even more terrifying and intimidating. I had the feeling that they could destroy Olympus and the gods with it, in a snap of their fingers. And seeing Omega fight that army made me even more worried. I had a suspicious feeling that they were spies.

I tried telling Chiron, but he never listened or talked to me as much as before. He rarely spoke, and when he did, he only spoke in small sentences. He was moodier and less cheerful. He almost never went out of the Big House, only for meals. He snapped at everyone when he spoke, and only let Dionysus and Grover speak to him. It obviously had something to do with Percy, because whenever somebody said his name, his eyes would get a sad, broken look.

In fact, since Percy left, the camp has been less fun and happy. The campfires were always low, and when the camp was in high spirits, the fire only grew five feet, never higher. Leo was always in Bunker Nine, not coming out to speak to anyone, only Calypso and the rest of the seven. Piper and Hazel never spoke to me, only giving me small glares. Even though they were half-hearted, they were still scary, and made me shiver. Frank didn't do anything. He was just quieter and less friendly. 

Whenever me and Kurt passed a camper, they immediately gave us dirty looks. Connor and Travis seemed to be planning less pranks, and when they did, they were mostly aimed at Kurt and I. Katie, who was usually friendly, gave us the cold shoulder. Clarisse was a lot scarier. She growled whenever she saw Kurt and I, and when we had sword lessons, she would full-on attack us.

Only Kurt seemed unaffected. He was happy, probably even happier since Percy left. When people even say Percy's name, he would immediately yell that he was the greatest hero ever, and that made us hated even more, even though Kurt was completely right.

And ever since the army came, he would always say that they were wannabes and that they would be groveling at his feet once they saw him in action. He said that Omega was a loser demigod who probably didn't know what real power was even if it hit him in the face.

When I got tired of Kurt's speeches, I went to the beach. The beach: Percy's favorite place in camp. I still remember how we used to walk here, how we kissed under the lake, how he looked at me lovingly, making tingles go down my body. When Kurt arrived, I hung out with him and taught him the ropes. He flirted with me, but I never did it back. But when Percy went on that solo-quest, I hung out with Kurt, flirted and hugged him more, while he supported me when Percy was gone. It got to the point when I forgot about Percy, how he held me in his arms and made me feel safe. I was torn between the two, and had went to Thalia for advice. She had told me that Kurt was a a bad influence.

"Don't hang out with him, Annabeth. He's a bad influence. You're the daughter of Athena! You should know that!"

"Percy might be dead! And Kurt's supported me! You haven't!"

"You don't think I've tried?! All the time, your next to him, listening to his lies!"

"They're not lies! Why can't you just understand!?"

"That Percy fell into Tartarus for you, and you repay him by cheating on him?!"

 "I-I... You just don't understand, Thalia."

"You're right. I don't. I just know that your cheating on your best friend. How do you think Percy would feel?!"

She had stormed out of the room, her eyes stormy, tears staining her face. We didn't talk after that. Jason and Nico didn't talk to me either. Piper had come to me, asking what was going on. I never answered.

A week after that day, Percy had come back. Kurt and I were sitting next to each other, Thalia, Jason, and Nico standing to the side, scowls on their faces. At the end of the campfire, Poseidon had arrived and said that Kurt was his favorite son. I was in the heat of the moment and didn't bother to correct him. 

I looked over at Thalia and saw that she had a huge grin on her face, but it disappeared almost immediately when she saw me staring at her. I quickly turned around, and saw Kurt looking at me.

"Worried?"

"No, it's nothing." I smiled at him, and he quickly smiled back. I sighed, and in that one moment, Kurt's lips were on mine and he was kissing me. I didn't  know what to do, but I quickly warmed into the kiss. The campers were wolf-whistling and cheering in the background, but I was focused on Kurt.

Then everything went silent. Kurt had stopped the kiss, and was looking behind me. I turned around and saw Percy standing there. His face was full of hurt, anger, horror. But the one thing that outshone all the others was in his eyes. Betrayal.

"Why?" That tiny word held so much depth and hurt, much more than it could get when he was yelling. I almost wanted him to scream at me,  but I couldn't say anything. My mouth was frozen. But I didn't have to say anything, because he ran away, his face devoid of any emotion.

My mouth finally was unfrozen, and the one word that was inside my mouth for so long came out. "Percy?"

But he was already gone.

~~~~~

I blinked the tears away, and they fell on the sand, creating a small dark spot. I sat down, and stared blankly at the dull, gray sea, lost in memories. I grabbed my legs, pulling them closer to my body for safety. The silence comforted me, helped me relax, and before I knew it, I was crying. Tears were falling, sobs wracked my body, and I put my head on my knees.

The sun was setting in the horizon, signaling for me to go before the harpies come out. I reluctantly stood up and walked back to the Athena cabin, finally shedding the tears that I kept so hard inside.

*****

Hey! I'm sorry for taking so long to update, but I didn't have time, and I had a hard time to write this chapter. The next POV's going to be Nico. I'm not sure if I should have Thalico or not, so I'm going to let you decide.

This chapter is dedicated to goldiesbud, because she answered the question first and correctly. Sorry you guys!

Question: What is Annabeth's fatal flaw? There are two answers, so you have a better chance.

Remember to do these three things:

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

See ya!