Chapter Twenty-Two - Lycanthrope

Omega's POV

Just as I reached toward Paul to see if he had the same markings on his arm, I heard the front door being slammed into the wall and the sound of heavy footsteps making their way towards me.

The sound sent shivers down my spine and I immediately stood up, turning towards the direction of the noise. The sound of shoes against the hardwood stopped, and silence ensued. I perked my ears and tried to hear the sound once again, but all I heard was the deafening silence and the loud beating of my heart against my rib cage.

"So this is the famed Son of Chaos." A deep laugh sounded. "I thought you would be more threatening but you don't look like much."

My breath hitched. I instinctively grabbed for my sword, but all I felt was the fabric of my jeans and the loop of the leather belt that I was wearing.

"Ah. Forgot your weapon, didn't you?" There was a small chuckle before the voice became serious once again. "I guess that makes killing you a lot easier."

Immediately, a blurred large figure rushed towards me, and before I had time to react, my back was slammed into the wall and a pair of glowing red eyes were looking at my green ones in a threatening glare. His large, hairy hand was on my chest to keep me in place. He was freakishly strong, and even if I tried to, my body wouldn't budge from my spot in the wall.

He pushed me against the wall again when he saw me trying to use my legs to kick against his side, and his hold moved from my chest to my neck, preventing me from breathing. His eyes finally looked away from mine and his hold on me released. I put my hands on my knees, desperately tried to catch my breath, and his voice broke through my ragged coughs.

"Do you know what I am?" he asked. "Look at me, Son of Chaos, and tell me if you know what I am."

My eyes moved from the floor to him. I took a long look at him. His face was extremely hairy, and the red eyes that were staring at me a few moments ago were still glowing as bright as ever. His teeth were protruding out of his mouth and showed me that his teeth were sharp and pointed like a wolf's. His ears weren't placed on the sides of his head but were instead placed on the top of his head, and like his hair, were colored a dark brown. His legs were also extremely hairy, but unlike a normal man's, there were small paws that supported his weight.

"Lycanthrope," I whispered breathily. "You're a lycanthrope."

He laughed, a dark and threatening sound that, once again, sent chills down my spine.

"Yes, I'm a lycanthrope," he said, smiling in a sadistic way that managed to show his yellowing teeth. "I am Lycaon the werewolf, you are Percy Jackson, and I am out for your blood."

He threateningly snarled and jumped at me before I had time to cringe at the sound of my whole name. His sharp claws were pointed and ready to scratch at me, and a millisecond before he reached me, I quickly conjured two sharp knives and stabbed at his arm.

He retreated and growled at me when I managed to make a moderately large cut on his bicep. A small, steady stream of dark red blood was already pouring from the wound. He did not say anything when he saw it, but instead looked at me with eyes filled with anger and bloodlust.

"Maybe I should show you what I'm capable of," I snarled back at him. "Maybe then you'll realize that I'm not just the Son of Chaos." This time, it was my turn to attack him, my knives already whirling and ready for action.

I'm also Omega the assassin," I growled at him, "the last thing that you'll ever see."

I ran towards him, one knife aimed at his side and the other at his already wounded arm. He abruptly tried to dodge the knives and as he tried to hit me with his fist, a large cut the side of my hand formed on the side of his right torso from a lucky cut I made.

The pain was evident on his face, but he seemed determined to continue fighting me. His fists and claws continued to strike at me, but I managed to avoid each of his hits, and as time went by, he started to hunch over from the pain on his side.

Spotting a weak spot in his defenses near his side wound, I braced myself for a kick. His left hand was aiming for my head and before I knew it, a powerful punch managed to knock the air out of me. I saw vibrations and my vision started to get blurry but before I fell over, I aimlessly kicked a hardy kick at his wounded side. He fell to the ground.

As I held an arm up to my head to try and relieve the pain, I saw him holding his side in an effort to stop the the profuse bleeding from the gash in his right torso. But still, he stood up with a painful look on his face. Still holding his side, he tried to land a blow on my chest with a kick. He succeeded and once again, the wind was knocked out of me and I fell back.

The pain on my head was getting unbearable and just as the lycanthrope tried to kick me again on the side, I threw my knives down and abruptly grabbed his leg with both hands, twisting it at an angle that would disable it for a few minutes.

He crumpled to the ground, his half-torn shirt still covered with blood. I grabbed my knives next to me, and stood up while dusting my dirty jeans then walked towards him in quick strides.

"Have a nice time in the Shadow Hole, Lycaon." I said to him. "I hope you enjoy it there."

His leg could not move and he lay crumpled on the floor as he growled at me. "You will pay for this, Son of Chaos. No matter what you do or how strong you are, End will rise and he will destroy all of you."

"Say that to my ass," I simply replied, and as I said so, I drew my knife into his chest.

As soon as the blade hit his heart, he burst into particles of silver dust, which signaled that he was now dead.

My job is now done, I thought to myself.

Realizing that Mom's and Paul's corpses were still laying on the floor, I walked back over to them. The sight was still as gruesome as it was before and I couldn't bare to see their skin and organs all over the floor.

I snapped my fingers. In milliseconds, their bodies were back together and I was relieved to see them looking normal again, though they could never wake up again. At least now, I can do a proper burying for them.

I grabbed both of them and carried them over my shoulder. I couldn't walk through the apartment building without looking like a serial killer, so using my teleportation skills, I arrived at the cemetery nearby.

It was still dark outside and when I arrived, the cemetery looked creepy with the lack of light. I grabbed a stray shovel laying close by and finding a small piece of empty land for mom and Paul, I started shoveling dirt away. Using my powers to do this would be cheating. I wanted to do this with my own effort.

Sweat was pouring down my face after shoveling enough space for the both of them. Carefully putting their corpses into two individual holes, I started covering their bodies with dirt. Once I was done, I stood back and stared at the patches of brown in the green grass.

Rest in peace Mom and Paul. I'm sorry for leaving you.

And as the tears were about to fall down, I turned around and walked back to camp.

~~~~~

this was such a bad chapter, I just can't. the fight scene was shit, smh

Remember to:

READ

VOTE

COMMENT