Chapter Sixteen- Parents

Sorry I waited so long to update. I just like reading your comments and seeing you freaking out. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

And thank you Paige_McLean for dedicating all those chapters to me! This chapter's for you, except I couldn't do the dedication for you, because I'm typing this on my iPad.

~~~~~

Omega's POV

Maybe it was the fact that she knew who I was. Maybe it was because she could ruin my mission. Or maybe I was just scared.

Either way, I ran.

I ran, and while the wind was rushing past my ears, I heard Linda yell, "This isn't over! Percy Jackson, we are going to have a serious talk!"

I ran past Haley, who was staring at me, her eyes wide and teary. She shoved the doll back at the girl, and tried her best to run after me, but she stopped quickly when she realized she wouldn't catch up.

I really wanted to say bye to her, something that I hadn't said to my mom. But I kept running. I needed to leave. I needed to get away from them, before they get hurt.

~~~~~

Throughout the day, I walked aimlessly around the city, being careful to not let anybody to see under my hood.

I promised myself, 'I won't open up to anybody else. Nobody will recognize me.'

My stomach growled. I hadn't eaten breakfast yet, and I really needed something sweet to keep my energy up.

There weren't many restaurants around here, mostly clothing shops. But I could spot a coffee shop at the edge of the corner, and quickly jogged towards it. Turns out, the shop was a Starbucks.

How was a Starbucks still existing after 500 years? Is McDonald's still alive, too?

I heard the sound of bell ring when I opened the double-doors. The sweet aroma of coffee-beans filled my nose, and I heard the whir of a coffee machine under the noisy chatter. The shop was crowded and filled to the brim with college and high-school students. And when I saw the display of bakery goods, I inwardly sighed.

I'm a sucker for sweets.

I stepped into line and saw the barista. The barista was a girl, petite and small, and looked distinctly Asian.

"How may I help you?" She said in a chirpy voice.

"Can I have a... cheesecake brownie...and a flat white?"

She blushed and said, "That's $7.56."

I conjured up some money, pretending that I was getting it from my back pocket, and quickly gave it to her.

"You're drink is coming right up!" she said. I gave her a small smile, and walked to the nearest table, and sat down.

After a few seconds, I was getting bored. My foot was tapping continuously on the floor, and many people had looked back at me in annoyance. In response, I just smiled and said, "Hi."

Some of them chuckled, some of them rolled their eyes, some of them even swore at me under their breath. I had super-hearing, so I heard everything that they said. They weren't flattering, either.

"Order #34!"

I quickly ran up and grabbed my order. "Thanks," I said.

She beamed. "No problem!"

I went back to my seat and ate my brownie. It was so tasty that even my tastebuds were on fire. The cup of flat white sat on the table. After I ate my brownie, I sat there, and every few minutes, I would take a sip.