Chapter Two-Powers

Waking up, I heard a loud ring next to me. I turned off the alarm clock. I looked around, realizing where I was. The sun was filtering in through the window, bathing me in sunlight.

This wasn't a dream. I really was in Chaos's palace.

I grabbed a white t-shirt and a black pair of jeans on the way to the bathroom to freshen up. I probably stank like hell from all that living in the wilderness and killing monsters. I took a quick shower, the water energizing me like always. After I finished, I walked out the door, ready for the day ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking out of the elevator to the 1st floor, I saw Chaos with my friends standing there with him. They were all wearing the same colors as me, black and white. They looked as if they had a nice, peaceful sleep, which never happens for the normal demigod.

They didn't see me yet, so I decided to spook them. I had the feeling Chaos knew I was there, so I decided not to freak him out. He gave me a wink and proceeded to talk to them.

I quietly went behind them and yelled as loud as I could. Thalia jumped, Nico fell down on his butt, and Jason screamed like a girl. Me and Chaos were both busy laughing our heads off that we didn't notice that they were standing in front of me. They had small smiles on their faces. I hadn't laughed this hard in a while. I guess they were happy that I was finally smiling after the fiasco with her.

After I finally settled down, Chaos started telling us what we do in the army and what responsibilities we had. I tuned him out for a while, until he started talking to me.

"The commander is the leader of all the armies in the A to Z sectors, but he will mostly be focusing on his own crew, Army Olympia. He will select only the most bravest warriors in the universe. I will even let you choose some from the Underworld." He smiled at us.

"Now it's time for you to get your powers. Since Percy is commander, he gets more powers than you. He'll become the second most powerful person in the universe." We followed him to his throne room.

It was a circular chamber that was pure white. The room was big, probably bigger than the Olympus throne room. In front of us was a throne. It was pure black with stars and planets swirling inside of it. It was at least three feet tall, big enough for Chaos to sit in. Chaos kept walking, oblivious to our awe. He sat in the throne, leaving us to stand in front of him.

"Nico, come up." Nico stepped forward. He looked uncomfortable standing there. Chaos chanted under his breath. The language was unfamiliar, but it seemed ancient, old. A black orb grew in front of Chaos's hands, growing larger each second.

"May he recieve these powers," said Chaos. The black orb flew towards Nico, and into his body. He whimpered, but other than that, he seemed fine. He walked back towards us, giving us a smile.

"Nico has recieved powers over, mind reading, speed, teleportation, and new powers over the dead."

"Jason and Thalia, your turn." Jason and Thalia nervously went up, bracing themselves for pain.

The same thing happened to Thalia and Jason. Chaos said the same incantation as two black orbs grew in front of him. It went towards Thalia and Jason's bodies. They winced, but they stood up and went towards Nico.

"They have recieved powers over, mind reading, speed, teleportation, and new powers over the sky, and wind."

"Percy. Come up, please." I walked up towards him.

"Percy will be recieving the same powers as mine, except the power over the Void and time travel. This might hurt, Percy."

He chanted a new incantation, but it was similar to the first one. This time, a golden ball grew and went towards me. It went into my body faster than you could say Tartarus.

The pain was unbearable. It was like going into the Styx, but a million times worse. I heard a loud scream, wondering who that was, but soon realizing that it was me. I felt as if my body was on fire, burning inside, but just like that, it was gone, replaced with a feeling like I could destroy the gods with a flick of my wrist, which I probably could. This was probably how Chaos felt each day.

I walked toward my friends who looked at me with worry. I smiled and reassured them that I was fine. They didn't look convinced, but stopped asking questions.

"Now it's time to choose your warriors. I'll send you to the Underworld to find them, but do it quickly. Tommorow we have to go train." He snapped his fingers and a portal appeared. I looked inside and saw that it led to Elysium. I cautiously stepped in. Once I realized that nothing was going to attack us, I stepped in, with Jason, Nico, and Thalia in tow behind me.

This wasn't much of a chapter. I just felt like I should make Percy happier in it. It was also fun writing how Percy, Nico, Thalia, and Jason got their powers. I'll try to update faster and make longer chapters (that doesn't seem to work well for me). Also, comment. I want to know what you guys think of this book. Now for the question.

Which character do you have a crush on? I'm dying to know. Mine is Percy, which some of you prabably figured out. XD

I also read the House of Hades not long ago. What Nico thinks about Percy does not affect this book AT ALL!

Nico: You know about that?

Me: Um, yeah. Rick put it in his book.

Nico: Excuse me, I have to go kill Rick.

Me: You better not! He still has to write the Blood of Olympus.

NIco: OK, I won't kill him... for now.

Me: All of these crazy characters do not belong to me. They belong to Rick Riordan. Thank the gods for that.

NIco: Sooo... you want to go talk about how cute Percy is?

Me: No thanks. I have to get away from you. *slowly backs away*

Nico: Muahahahaha!