Chapter Nine- The First Battle

The first thing I thought of when I woke up to the conch horn? What the hell! They couldn't have come when I finished eating breakfast.

I rushed hurriedly, putting on my cloak and hood. I ran outside, with the Elite behind me, already raring to fight. Campers were standing near the base of Half-Blood Hill, looking at a huge army of monsters, at least five-thousand in all. This was the reason why I woke up at four in the morning. Great. (note the sarcasm)

I calmly walked up to the army, while the campers and Chiron stood behind me, yelling at me to stop. The Elite was standing there calmly, probably knowing that I had this under control. I ignored them, obviously, until I stood right in front of the monsters.

"Only five thousand?" I asked innocently, while the monsters growled. In a second, I ran towards them, grabbing my new sword, Hurricane. Since I had disowned Poseidon as my father, it hadn't returned to my pocket.

Hurricane was a pure black sword, with a crystal white hilt. It was about four feet long, made of Shadow Platinum, a substance only found in the Void. The sword was indestructable and light, letting the user destroy monsters easily.

I slashed and stabbed through the monsters easily, finishing off the army in a mere three minutes. I saw Hyperion, standing there looking at me in shock. I casually walked up to him. He was glaring at me, hatred and anger clear in his eyes. I had an urge to laugh. After being in millions of wars, seeing bloodshed around every corner, I wasn't scared anymore. His glare might've been downright terrifying to the campers, but to me, he looked like a lost puppy.

"So..." I started, twirling my sword absentmindedly, keeping my eyes on the Titan. "You joined End?" I asked, though it came out as more of a statement.

Hyperion sneered. "Of course! End will rule the universe, and the gods," saying the word in disgust, "will finally be defeated."

"It didn't work out so well for you last time when Kronos came back, did it?" He smiled, a creepy smile that made him look constipated and in need of a therapist.

"Yes, but they threw away their only hope to the sidelines. He's no longer here." Hyperion said, grinning in triumph. I leaned forward, next to his ear, and whispered.

"What if he is?" His eyes widened, finally realizing what I was hinting at. His eyes flashed dangerously. "And now that you know, I can't let you run around and tell, can I?"

I lunged, taking his shock as a distraction. At the last minute, Hyperion blocked my shot, snapping out of his trance. He slashed downward at my feet, but I jumped, and stabbed towards his left arm, his weak spot. A cut as big as my hand appeared, bleeding golden ichor. He ignored the pain, and continued attacking me, but I blocked them all. 

He continued stabbing and slashing at me, but it was like trying to catch air. Slowly, his blows got slower, his energy draining. Sweat dripped down his forehead. Hyperion's face was contorted in pain from his arm injury. I stabbed, landing a lucky shot at Hyperion's heart. He looked at me. His eyes showed shock, complete disbelief that I had beaten him.

"You will regret this. This camp will be destroyed, you along with them! End will have your soul!" 

"I suggest you be quiet unless you want dirt in your mouth." The Titan's body became rigid, his mouth closed, his eyes wide open, staring at me with wide eyes. He sunk into the Earth, his face disappearing, leaving a patch of dry soil. I turned around back towards the campers, who were looking at me in awe, surprise, and fear, the three emotions that I saw a lot nowadays.

"So...breakfast?"

Sorry for the short chapter. I was just getting ready for school and all that stuff, so I was busier than usual. I was also working on my Reading the Books book. I'll probably update in the next few weeks or so.

So who's POV do you think I should do next?

This chapter is dedicated to Hbbear09, cause she answered the question right.

Now, the usual question. What does the name Festus mean in Latin?

Remember to do these three things:

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

So, see ya!