prologue

Third point of view
Fourteen years ago

"This kid is not mine" A seventeen years old Leonardo yelled at Erika.

"It's yours, Leo. This baby is yours. God dammit" " A fifteen year old Erika shouted back.

"What I'd happening here" Nicholas says as he hears screaming. "This bitch here is lying to me about the kid she is pregnant with"

"Fine! If you don't believe me, here is the paternity test". Erika suggested.

"It's fake,"  Leonardo snapped without looking at the paper that says whether or not he's the father or not. He was scared.

Scared that this kid could really be his. He himself wasn't ready to be a father. He was scared that he wouldn't be able to be a good father to his kid.

"Leo, look at the fucking paternity test so we can all be sure" Nicholas says. He was sure that this kid was Leonardo's.

He had hoped that this kid would be his granddaughter. "I said no, now get the fuck out" Leonardo says as he pushes Erika out of his house.

After Leonardo came back in, he got glares from his whole family who was watching from the staircase.

His grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and brothers were all looking at him disapprovingly.

His grandfather Vincent was glaring at him. He was really disappointed. He also really wanted to have another grandkid.

Well great grand kid. Leonardo shakes his head and goes to his room.

            Several days later

"So, Mister De-Luca, if you signed those papers it means you will have no right over the child. Unless Erika somehow dies" The lawyer explains to Leonardo.

"I understand," he says. He quickly signed these papers. Inside he was feeling guilty. But he was convinced that the kid was not his.

"Now that this is done, I don't ever want to see you again Leonardo-" Erika leans closer to Leonardo and whispers "I'm going to make you regret doing that"

Leonardo wasn't fazed by Erika's threat. " We'll see," he coldly says .

             Four years later.

"Son, we have to talk," Nicholas says as he enters his son's office. "What is it?" Leonardo asked as he continued to sign some papers.

He had taken over the mafia a few months back. "The kid Erika was carrying four years ago, is your child"

At this, Leonardo's head snapped to his father. "How do you know that?" he says.

"I did some research, it's been four years and I think we all deserve to know the truth, especially you"

Leonardo swallowed a big pump in his throat. He didn't know how to process that information, especially that he now knows that the kid is his.

He slowly nodded his head. " Is the baby a girl or a boy?" He asked his father.

"A girl. Her name is Anthenéa, beautiful name if you ask me" he father responded.

" I have to find her," Leonardo says. "Useless, I have tried to find their location, but it seems like they both had vanished from the surface of the earth"

Leonardo called a few of his best men in his office and ordered each and everyone of them to find his daughter and if they didn't he would personally take care of them.

Several hours later, both Nicholas and Leonardo informed the rest of the family. All of them were really happy that there was finally a girl in the family.

Even Vincent smiles. He wasn't one who usually smiles for no reason so when he's smiling that means that he is happy.

But sadly their little princess was going through hell and back ever since she was born.