chapter fifteen

“Likimama” said Marco for the fifth hundred times today

“Likimama” said Marco for the fifth hundred times today. He's been saying this since last night and, oh my god, my ears hurt so much from hearing the same word coming out of his mouth again and again.

It's been two days since I last saw Seth. He hasn't been coming to school and I don't even know why.

About the whole job thing I've managed to convince dad to let me get one. He agreed that he himself would drop me off and pick me up from work.

I had my job interview yesterday around five o'clock in the evening and thankfully they accepted to give me the job.

Every day after school, weekends and school holidays I'll be working in this cafe that is well known.

Apparently a lot of people come here. There was a small library that was connected to the cafe. People who loves books come here most of the time

“Can you stop fucking saying that it's so goddamn annoying and what does that word even mean.” Mason yelled at Marco while stopping the car in the garage.

Dad couldn't come to pick me up as well today. He's been very busy with work. He goes out all night and only comes back in the morning.

Now I know this only because I could sleep all night and only got two hours of sleep.

“It's a Mauritian curse word. Didn't you hear me say it to all the girls that were walking on the bridge while we were going to Néa’s school?”

Mason just rolled his eyes and told us to get out of his car so that we don't mess it up.

I swear he loves his car more than any one of us in this house.

“I'm wide awake. Fire rumbling, and castle crumbling, I am trying to hold on..-” Marco's little karaoke got interrupted by Mason slapping him on the cheek which results in them breaking out into a fight.

I rolled my eyes, thank god I would be here anymore to hear their annoying voice starting next week.

Talking about the job, I didn't only get it to pay Seth for the drugs but also for the school I'm going to right now.

I overheard dad saying he still need to pay the school but can't because he's been way too busy to go.

I figured that I can't rely on him my whole life. I need to start paying for my own stuff now.

I should be old enough to do these types of things. If I want people to treat me like an adult, I have to act like one.

I know that taking drugs isn't a part of being mature but it does help take my mind off a few things; such as my mother, her ex boyfriends, and all of those creepy dudes she brought home to sleep or make me sleep with for money.

That was probably the worst part of my life. I didn't care that she was beating me up almost every day but that was because I deserved it. I was a bad daughter and probably still am.

But, I know that I didn't deserve to sleep with old dudes who could pass as my grandfather.

I wonder if those dudes had daughters and if they did, what would they feel if somebody did that to their daughters.

“Néa, do you wanna come with me to this fashion pretty please. It'll be only you, Leo and me?”
Asked Marco.

“Yeah, I guess. When is it?”

“Next Sunday”

So, in two days. I don't think I have anything planned for Sunday. Might as well go.

I slowly nodded my head and went to my room to take a shower.

                    ✿.✿⁠.✿

After the shower and a little bit of weed I decided that it was time to do my homework.

I have a love-hate relationship with math. Sometimes, I like solving the problems from the math book ‘cause it's fun.

But sometimes, my brain just refuses to work and concentrate and then I have to reread the question at least ten times before understanding it.

But thankfully, the homework I was given is based on my favorite topic in math.

Parabola.

I don't know why people complain saying that it's hard. I find it to be quite easy.

It's literally just a type of curve that is U shaped and can be represented by a quadratic equation.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Dad says as he strolls into my room without even knocking on the door.

Uh- privacy is a thing sir.

“Homework”

“Need help, this can be a bit tough for someone your age”

“Are you calling me dumb” I asked as I raised an eyebrow.

“no ,no ,no. I was just saying that if you need my help you can just ask me. I was pretty good at math back in my day. Maybe you've perhaps seen the trophy they made specifically for me at school” he says smirking a bit.

Of course I did see his trophies. How could I not when every time I walk down a hall, all I see Is my dad's face in a picture and a trophy right beside it.

But who's gonna tell him that?

“No, I didn't see anything”

“Not even in the library?” He asked. He sounds like he's a bit worried. Like bro, chill, it's just a trophy, nothing more nothing less.

“There was nothing in the library dad” I sigh as I close my copybook and place it back into my school bag.

“That's weird. Why would they remove my trophy? I was literally the best student they had.” Dad mumbles to himself.

“I don't know. Maybe you're not that important anymore” I said, making a sad face while switching the lights off and climbing into my bed.

“When you leave, make sure to close the door. I need to wake up early tomorrow to talk to Alyssa McRay. She's one of the best students at our school, they even had a trophy for her.”

Due to the moonlight I could clearly see dad's sad and angry face as he left my room.

Little does he know that there is no Alyssa McRay at our school and that his trophies are still pretty much there and are being cleaned at least once a week.

I turn on my stomach to sleep, smiling knowing damn well that all dad is going to think about all night is where has his precious trophy gone to.

One thing that my uncles taught me about my dad was that he used and still is a very narcissist person.

They told me that when he was in his teenage years, he used to have different sizes of mirrors hanging all over his ceiling and on one side of his wall just so that he could stare at himself day and night.

__________________________

Hey guys,

I know that this chapter is very short but I tried my best.

And I also know that some of you may not like Anthénea at the moment but that's how I imagined her character to be.

Chaotic and messy. Since she had a very rough childhood I didn't want her to become perfect. There will be a lot of imperfection from her.

This whole book is about her healing and…. Something else that is not yet to come.

But, I hope you liked the chapter.

Word counts: 1249
XOXO Alicia