chapter two

I sigh as I sign the last documents for work

I sigh as I sign the last documents for work. It is so tiring to do so but I have to.

I sigh once again, close my eyes and place my head on my desk. I didn't sleep at all last night as I was trying to get new information about my daughter.

It's all my fault, if I didn't give up on her, she would have been here with me at the moment.

I wonder what she looks like, I bet she looks just like Erika, right? My thoughts got interrupted by my personal phone ringing.

Who the fuck is calling me. No one else besides people in my family has my number and the number who is calling is an unknown one.

I was going to decline the call but something told me that I should pick it up.

"Hello" I say coldly. "Hello, am I speaking to…… Leonardo De-Luca" a male voice asked.

" Yes, this is him" I was starting to get curious at this point. " Perfect. We are calling you from London Police Station….. you're ex-girlfriend if two years ago died in a fire today-"

Wait, she's dead, finally. Does that mean that my daughter has no one to look after her. I shook my head and listened to the man that I still don't know the name of.

" We are wondering if you would like to adopt your daughter…… Anthenéa Cleopatra Jeffrey" he asked.

My daughter. The same one I gave up on fourteen years ago. The same one who I've been trying to look for, for ten years now.

"Yes! Yes I would like to take her custody" I exclaimed. Just then Dad came in and looked at me curiously. He might have heard me sort of screaming of happinesses.

"Very well. Well send you the address form where you will have to pick her up and sign the adoption papers" I hang up and look at dad with a few tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I…. I found her dad. Well- more like she found me, but still"  I say with a small smile playing on my lips.

Dad smiles for the first time in years. Dad had never smiled that much, not ever since his youngest brother got taken away by our enemies. The French mafia.

"I'm gonna have to fly down to London, call my brothers and tell them" isay as I put my Jacket on.

"Hey, hey, hey…. I AM coming with you. You tell the others yourself" he says as he gets out of my office.

I quickly sent a message on the family group chat and asked them to meet me in the living room.

I arrive at the living room to see all of them here. "I don't have much time so we are gonna get through this real quick.
First, I have found my daughter. Second, I have to fly down to London with dad. Third, if one of you messes up with her, I'll make sure you'll be locked up in one of the cells in the basement. Understood"