chapter nine

"Alright, why don't we go to the living room to get to know each other more" Alfredo said as he kissed his wife's forehead

We went to the living room and sat down. I sat down next to Mason and Benjamin as I still wasn't comfortable around the others.

"Néa, don't you want to sit down next to me?" Leo asked. I nodded and stood up to go and sit down next to him.

"Aww" the others said. "So… Néa, tell us more about yourself" Louane says. "Well, there's not much to know. I'm a regular fourteen years old with blonde hair and two different colored eyes" I say with a fake smile.

"Ok then. We'll ask the question and you answer. How about that?"  Antonio laughed.

I nodded and Alfredo asked the first question. " When is your birthday?"

"December 22"

" Your favourite colour?"

"Queen pink"

" Zodiac sign?"

" Capricorn"

" Nice, Leo's zodiac sign is Capricorn as well."

For the next one hour, they kept on asking me questions. There would be times when they asked about mother but I would always try to not answer it.

And by that I mean lying to them about her. Telling them that she was a nice mother and a caring one. I tried so hard not to throw up.

And then, there was some time they would ask me stuff about what I like to do and those kinds of things and when I answered they kept saying that Leo was like that too when he was younger or he liked the same things.

Just as Marrisa was about to ask another question, I began to cough.

I stood up and went to the bathroom. I heard someone following me but I didn't care who it was.

I kept on coughing, I felt a hand on my back. I looked at my hands and saw blood, a lot of it.

"Fuck" Leo, who was next to me rubbing my back says. My eyes widened at the sight of blood.

I'm dying.

"Néa…. princess, look at me" Leo says as he grabs my face in his hands. "It's going to be okay. You're going to be alright. I've arranged an appointment with the doctor, it's in two days, I'm sure you are going to be alright after that"

He hugged me tight, not caring about the blood on my hands. I heard a few footsteps arriving.

There stood Ben and Esteban. "What's wrong with her?" Esteban asked worriedly.

Leo shook his hand as he helped me wash my hands. He then picked me up bridal style and went to my room.

He placed me on my bed and removed my shoes. "You didn't have to do that"  I weakly said with a slight chuckle.